Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mxz turns in tight twisty trails great but you get up to 65 70+mph its darty even on fresh trails with no grooves. The carbides on my factory skis are good and only 96 studs. .Nothing else broken or loose.I have the front shock on third click and adj ski preload makes no difference.Do I need more carbide?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Check your ski allignment, you want slight toe out. Do a search on how to doo it.

Ski style would help. If you have single runners, then try a product called "easy steers" or something like that. Do a search on that as well. I use them on my 01 and they work great. Cheaper than new skis, ALOT.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MAMA said:
Check your ski allignment, you want slight toe out. Do a search on how to doo it.

Ski style would help. If you have single runners, then try a product called "easy steers" or something like that. Do a search on that as well. I use them on my 01 and they work great. Cheaper than new skis, ALOT.
[snapback]691901[/snapback]​
I all ready checked allignment. It must be the skis that was the genral guess by my buddies to.
thanks for the help.

·
Out of a job yet? Keep buying your foreign cars an
1,279 Posts
Precision skis on a Zx are awesome if you set your sled up right. The only time they suck is if you're following someone else who has them too. When that is the case, I just ride staggered behind them.

·
planes take off against the wind
15,035 Posts
I prefer the flex over precisions.... Try lighening the preload on the skis and loosen the limiter strap 1 setting. Tell us how it goes...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
zdooman said:
I prefer the flex over precisions.... Try lighening the preload on the skis and loosen the limiter strap 1 setting. Tell us how it goes...
[snapback]696384[/snapback]​
I did that up or down on the ski made no difference.I tightened the limiter stap to.I think different skis seems to be the way to go. thanks for the help.I see I posted the same question twice
sorry I'm to sharp at 3am

·
planes take off against the wind
15,035 Posts
YOU said you tightened the straps - loosen them. You want to get the weight OFF the front end so you need to adjust so the track carries more. Does that make sense?

·
Registered
882 Posts
TRY this , lift the front of the sled off the ground w/ a floor jack under the bulkhead. As your lifting pay attention to your skis , are they coming off the ground backs first? If so check your rubbers under the spindle. You want the front to lift first, this will tell you theres to much pressure in the front of the wearbar area and it will dig causing darting.

My old zx did this and found the rubbers to be in backwards. You can also shim the back of the rubber to achive the balance of your skis .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.