Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BRP has decided to cancel our long time dealers contract. They are a smaller dealer in regards to floor space, but have sold hundred of thousands of Skidoos. They are the dealer that gets you going when its
Thursday and you are leaving on Friday for a planned trip. I have purchased 5 Skidoos from them after I came back into the sport in 2012. Never considered another dealer or brand. I'm sure BRP is looking to support the big dealers, but they fail to realize that the local guys are the heart of the brand. The other dealers in our area are multibrand. Danners was all SkiDoo. I'm not going to the big guys....think I'm done.

BTW, BRP called me after I noted this on their consumer survey. I told them that I didn't appreciate the WOKE questions about my gender. My response was that BRP doesn't know their customer. I felt insulted by the brand that I have loved for 50 years.

· Registered
2023 Skidoo MXZ Blizzard 850
396 Posts
BRP has decided to cancel our long time dealers contract. They are a smaller dealer in regards to floor space, but have sold hundred of thousands of Skidoos. They are the dealer that gets you going when its
Thursday and you are leaving on Friday for a planned trip. I have purchased 5 Skidoos from them after I came back into the sport in 2012. Never considered another dealer or brand. I'm sure BRP is looking to support the big dealers, but they fail to realize that the local guys are the heart of the brand. The other dealers in our area are multibrand. Danners was all SkiDoo. I'm not going to the big guys....think I'm done.

BTW, BRP called me after I noted this on their consumer survey. I told them that I didn't appreciate the WOKE questions about my gender. My response was that BRP doesn't know their customer. I felt insulted by the brand that I have loved for 50 years.
I have always heard good things about Danners, but being on the opposite side of the metro, it never made sense for me to buy there, I think the small dealers were historically the backbone of success for building up power sports brands, so to shut them out after all these years...simply sucks! I know you feel like quitting, and I don't blame you when big corporation crushes the little guy, but I encourage you to see if you can find another Ma & Pa dealer.

· Registered
3,705 Posts
Without going into what bull**** deal BRP did to them and several others . I wouldn't have done what they asked at that age either . Jerry is and was great to deal with . Anyone know if this was done to timberline sports in bergland Michigan also ?

· Registered
49 Posts
Is this because Ski-Doo wants to only deal with the big "superstores" and get rid of the smaller dealers? Feel for those folks. Matt, Dave, Jake, Denise and everyone else there have always been great to me whether on the phone or in the store. Now the only place to go for those of us on the East side of the metro is Tousley...

· Registered
873 Posts
The manufacturers want every store to look like a modern architectural marvel. :rolleyes: Mom and pop stores don't cut it any more. Ford just did the same thing to a 100 year old dealer here. Wanted them to spend multi thousands to accommodate electric vehicles, of which they likely would sell none. This is farmer pickup truck and farmer wives suv territory.

· Registered
2,267 Posts
Had the same thing happen by me. RJ's was probably on the list for smallest dealer by square footage. Never had a bad experience and always had the parts I was needing. Only bought 1 new machine from them in the end. Still miss having them so close. The nearest dealer now is a couple hours.

· Registered
43 Posts
Without going into what bull**** deal BRP did to them and several others . I wouldn't have done what they asked at that age either . Jerry is and was great to deal with . Anyone know if this was done to timberline sports in bergland Michigan also ?
Timberline Sports is just fine(unless he is hiding well) he was dealer of the year for the Midwest a few years ago. Probably moves a couple hundred sleds a year and a bunch of off road. Now on the other hand BRP did shut down the little mom and pop Doo dealer just up the road in Greenland quite a few years ago which may have open the Doo for timberline.

· Registered
33 Posts
I don't post often anymore but do a lot of reading on here! I just couldn't hold back not saying anything. I am upset and feel bad for all those involved in any of the smaller family owned BRP dealers. Both Jerry, his family, his team and the customers. I just don't get it. He was as loyal to his brand as anyone and cared for his customers like family. I only purchased my new sleds from Danners unless used. My first sled back in 1995. Then raced snoX and he helped with parts discounts, etc. It is the family atmosphere where they knew you by name when you walked in. You want to give them the business because of their customer service and making you feel like you mattered. For these reasons, even though I live closer to Tousley, I could not stand the car dealership feel that scared me away from actually looking around. I have purchased many parts from Tousley because of their proximity but will not buy a sled there because of my experience with Danners and treatment. I am not here to bash Tousely, its just not the experience I enjoy or is for me. If that's what BRP is after then they clearly are missing what this sport is all about to many and its roots. But they are a big business and these decisions are based on some model and strategy they are trying to acheive. Jerry and the crew always would give me a fair deal and even gave me accessories at a fair price when buying a new sled. When I was needing a sled to test some parts, Jerry said to go up and pick out a used sled from the shed and one of the guys would help load it up. That won't happen at any of the big dealers. No way. It is because Jerry believed in running his business based around the customer experience (loyalty and customer satisfaction) which brings repeat business and it was a model that worked. Just my 2 cents.

· Registered
2023 Renegade X 600R
16,008 Posts
Ordered my first brand new sled last spring, a 23 renegade x. They've been first class through the whole process- accommodating, helpful, resourceful with questions... My family has gotten essentially all of our parts from them, occasionally some service. They were never too big or too busy to answer my questions when I was just a high school kid working on old sleds...

I gave my honest opinion to BRP in my survey. I know they don't necessarily have the space (at least according to BRP) to sell Can Am products lines... But if that's the deal breaker it's very unfortunate.

I do know they'll still be around for service. And Dave said with becoming "independent" and the new software they'll have, they can service side by sides whereas before, BRP only lets you service what you sell.

I truly hope it works out for them. I think they said they're planning to work closely with "another dealership" (didn't say who) for sourcing parts or warranty needs.

Add me to the list that won't go to Tousley's. I don't like Leo's South either. I think there is a ski-doo dealer down in Red Wing. If they check out I guess it will be worth the drive .

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 46 Posts