Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mag side cylinder is scored on my 600ho.

What options are out there besides paying Ski Doo $480. for a new one?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
m3zr2 said:

Thanks
[snapback]257886[/snapback]​
Like I said in my reply to your other post, I was in the same exact situation last weekend. Make sure its scored through the Nicasil. You can clean the melted piston aluminum using muriatic acid from your local hardware store. Might be able to save the cylinder. Wasn't the case for me, the mag side cylinder was junked. I checked with Millenium and it costs $179-$239 (depending on damage I guess) and 7 days in house for them. I assumed US Chrome would be about the same deal? Called my dealer and they STOCKED Rotax reconditioned cylinders for $256 each. I picked up both to be safe even though they said the PTO side looked fine. If it comes to needing a cylinder I'd suggest you check and see if your dealer doesn't have some OEM recons!!!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Revulator said:
m3zr2 said:

Thanks
Like I said in my reply to your other post, I was in the same exact situation last weekend. Make sure its scored through the Nicasil. You can clean the melted piston aluminum using muriatic acid from your local hardware store. Might be able to save the cylinder. Wasn't the case for me, the mag side cylinder was junked. I checked with Millenium and it costs $179-$239 (depending on damage I guess) and 7 days in house for them. I assumed US Chrome would be about the same deal? Called my dealer and they STOCKED Rotax reconditioned cylinders for $256 each. I picked up both to be safe even though they said the PTO side looked fine. If it comes to needing a cylinder I'd suggest you check and see if your dealer doesn't have some OEM recons!!!!
[snapback]257901[/snapback]​
Thanks Revulator

I`ll check with the dealers around my area for a reconditioned cylinder.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Do a cylinder exchange. Last season a cylinder went down on my xc 700 and I did a cylinder exchange and was back riding in less than a week (cost about $200). I can't remeber the place I used off the top of my head, I think it was called ecoffes (sp). If you look through the back of any of the sled mags you'll see add's for this service.

·
Registered
349 Posts
sledfreak said:
Revulator said:
m3zr2 said:

Thanks
[snapback]257901[/snapback]​
What's the number to Millenium or do they have a web site.
[snapback]258027[/snapback]​
How much for a used cylinder Bill? I need one for my 600 and another set of your pistons. My pto cylinder went down today it scored the skirts really bad. I think the base gasket was leaking a bit and the antifreeze washed the oil because the piston was very dry and looks like it got very hot as the wrist pin was hard to come out and the needle bearings look a little blue. The dome looks fine though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts