Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have one of these in the states they want to part with? Stock spring gave me good rpms when fresh but is sacked already, would like to stray from another 10.99 pos brp spring and try Daltons 117-210. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
29,349 Posts
Not one for sale but I do have one installed, I like it a lot.

I have a new white/yellow I was going to try too, haven't seen the need to try it yet.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
MX-Z Man,

How hard are these things to change a spring on? First one I saw up close was this week-end. Am I going to need a bunch of new tools now to get this thing open to change the spring? I know that my puller from the TRA/PB80 will work but what else do I need? Thanx

By the way, what rpm's is it holding?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I recommond the white/yellow, it will hold 8,300rpm consistently and wakes up the sled from stock. It's well worth the $50 shipped to your door. I also have the white/black which I have not tried yet but I'm going to keep it in case I need it after doing some mods this summer.

·
Super Moderator
29,349 Posts
My dealer installed mine, so it was real easy. :D

Actually if you have the tools (C&T Powersports sells them) it's a pretty easy job.

As far as RPM's, I'm still fighting the heat issue. When things are cool it pulls 8100-8200 and holds it well. When things get hot its 7700-7900.

·
Super Moderator
29,349 Posts
I recommond the white/yellow, it will hold 8,300rpm consistently and wakes up the sled from stock. It's well worth the $50 shipped to your door. I also have the white/black which I have not tried yet but I'm going to keep it in case I need it after doing some mods this summer.
What is your engagement with that spring?

·
Super Moderator
29,349 Posts
My dealer ordered it for me - CJ Motorsports - it was only a few days coming in.

·
TEAM YELLOW
3,779 Posts
MX-Z man,

Has it been established that the primary spring is the rpm issue with the 14's? I scanned thru the 13+ page topic about it and found solutions that were all over the place.

Thanks
Darryl

·
Regular ol' run-of-the-mill Member
5,646 Posts
Both springs are the issue. Both too weak. Primary too weak to allow proper RPMS, and secondary too weak to allow proper backshift and causing belt slip.

·
Super Moderator
29,349 Posts
I currently have the Dalton White/Black in the primary and the Doo Green/Green in the secondary. When it's cold it's excellent, when it's hot it's just OK. And when I say excellent I mean it's flippin quick and fast. In open field testing by my house it will show 100 MPH at will. Thats not packed trail, thats not ice covered road, thats open field riding. Get some heat into it and that drops an easy 4-7 MPH.

Even when hot though the backshift is excellent, so the green/green is working well. Performance-wise I'm happy - I just need to get rid of the heat.

In my case I'm about 99% sure the heat is an alignment issue. I measured about every way I could think of the other day and I believe I'm off around 1.0-1.5mm, closer to the 1.5mm. Plus it's dusty. The X,Y, & Z are within spec, it's the straight line that they're taken off that measures off.

I got ahold of Chris at C&T Powersports for a shim kit, he currently only has a 3mm kit in stock. I think 3mm is too much, so I need to get another kit ordered somewhere.

On a side note with whole thing, my first 383 belt went 839 miles. My second 383 didn't last 600 miles. I put an Ultimax on it (all I could get my hands on at the time) and it now has around 1500 miles on it. The temps that belt is seeing are nuts; the lowest temp I've taken on it so far has been 180F, the highest 217F, and so far so good. I'm impressed.

·
TEAM YELLOW
3,779 Posts
I currently have the Dalton White/Black in the primary and the Doo Green/Green in the secondary. When it's cold it's excellent, when it's hot it's just OK. And when I say excellent I mean it's flippin quick and fast. In open field testing by my house it will show 100 MPH at will. Thats not packed trail, thats not ice covered road, thats open field riding. Get some heat into it and that drops an easy 4-7 MPH.

Even when hot though the backshift is excellent, so the green/green is working well. Performance-wise I'm happy - I just need to get rid of the heat.

In my case I'm about 99% sure the heat is an alignment issue. I measured about every way I could think of the other day and I believe I'm off around 1.0-1.5mm, closer to the 1.5mm. Plus it's dusty. The X,Y, & Z are within spec, it's the straight line that they're taken off that measures off.

I got ahold of Chris at C&T Powersports for a shim kit, he currently only has a 3mm kit in stock. I think 3mm is too much, so I need to get another kit ordered somewhere.

On a side note with whole thing, my first 383 belt went 839 miles. My second 383 didn't last 600 miles. I put an Ultimax on it (all I could get my hands on at the time) and it now has around 1500 miles on it. The temps that belt is seeing are nuts; the lowest temp I've taken on it so far has been 180F, the highest 217F, and so far so good. I'm impressed.
Are you running the secondary spring in the stock hole or did you change the tension by location?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Are you running the secondary spring in the stock hole or did you change the tension by location?
The grn/grn is a compression spring he is using, does not get installed into a hole

·
Registered
235 Posts
IMO, the stiffer Dalton (White yellow) works better. I have both springs and have used them both. Even with the Yellow spring engagement is low, not over 3000 RPM

·
Super Moderator
29,349 Posts
The grn/grn is a compression spring he is using, does not get installed into a hole
True.

And I think you guys have me talked in to trying the White/Yellow.

·
Registered
79 Posts
True.

And I think you guys have me talked in to trying the White/Yellow.
I'm not sure where your rpms are at now but I think you will like it. I'm not willing to give up on my edrive as easily as some others. Right now mine is working great and I think the spring changes are the way to go for a stock sled however I am concerned that the edrive might not keep up after making some hp mods.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts