Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Dalton b/y/r torsion spring to install. Can anyone tell me how many pounds tension I will have using the stock holes on a 2019 turbo? Or which holes I should use for 18lbs. I can and will check tension after install just trying to avoid taking it apart multiple times. Thanks

·
Banned
7,722 Posts
I have a Dalton b/y/r torsion spring to install. Can anyone tell me how many pounds tension I will have using the stock holes on a 2019 turbo? Or which holes I should use for 18lbs. I can and will check tension after install just trying to avoid taking it apart multiple times. Thanks
There are two holes that are pretty close to each other. Use the one on the right that will give you the least amount of tension. It should be close to stock calibration..

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I'm assuming you are using stock hole on helix and the two close holes are on the clutch? I may try the stiffer hole I have my peak rpm at 7900 to 8000 would like to keep it there.

·
Banned
7,722 Posts
Thanks I'm assuming you are using stock hole on helix and the two close holes are on the clutch? I may try the stiffer hole I have my peak rpm at 7900 to 8000 would like to keep it there.
Yes correct.

·
Registered
212 Posts
search

(another secondary)

there are about 4 pages on this.

you are not going to see 18 lbs .

depending in what scale you use spring or digital .

i used the stock holes and it is between 18 and 22 with the Dalton red yellow spring

with the digital scale.

( hard to hold scale still to get a exact number)

and about 22-23 with spring scale.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Stock holes seem to be the fastest. To much and you lose legs but gain small amount of backshift. Center hole in helix. Weaker of the 2 holes in the sheeve seems best.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
just installed mine last week. Me and my buddy who installed it read the above thread many times. Weaker non stock hole was 15 lbs, stock hole the one the DOO spring came out was 18.6lbs on a digital and 19lbs on a old calibrated spring scale. I was seeing 7700 maybe 7800 when it was below 10 degrees last week and 7500-7600 to the bar at 108 mph on the lake. 230 lbs dressed full linq fuel tank and 20 lb linq bag. 19 Enduro all stock but woody navigators and 7" deep TS Carbides

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
From the limited testing I’ve been able to do this year it seems that you need more spring or helix as you make more power or add gear. I went to the 38 gear and started dropping rpm as the sled shifted out. Added some tension and it got better. I put the green wheel in this year and it’s dropping rpm bad again. I think I may just change the helix but I may try a couple more pounds first.

·
Ski-Doo Guru
13,819 Posts
From the limited testing I've been able to do this year it seems that you need more spring or helix as you make more power or add gear. I went to the 38 gear and started dropping rpm as the sled shifted out. Added some tension and it got better. I put the green wheel in this year and it's dropping rpm bad again. I think I may just change the helix but I may try a couple more pounds first.
46/38 or even 46/38/36 would be ideal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts