Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that if you attempt to start a ski-doo with the incorrect d.e.s.s. tether it has a rev limiter @ like 3000 rpm. Intermittently, I find that my sled will act like this @ first start up and If i wiggle the tether connection it will clear up. I really don't want this to happen way back in the woods, has anybody had this problem? Do you think I should replace the tether or is there bigger issues?

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
600H.O. said:
I know that if you attempt to start a ski-doo with the incorrect d.e.s.s. tether it has a rev limiter @ like 3000 rpm. Intermittently, I find that my sled will act like this @ first start up and If i wiggle the tether connection it will clear up. I really don't want this to happen way back in the woods, has anybody had this problem? Do you think I should replace the tether or is there bigger issues?
[snapback]725587[/snapback]​
It used tp happen to my old sled all the time. I still hear of others having to wiggle the tether every now and then. I have never heard of it leading to anything serious. I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
TeamScream said:
600H.O. said:
[snapback]725587[/snapback]​
It used tp happen to my old sled all the time. I still hear of others having to wiggle the tether every now and then. I have never heard of it leading to anything serious. I wouldn't worry about it.
[snapback]725600[/snapback]​
had something like that happen to my 600 h.o. but worse was in da up couple weeks ago average temp was like 20 degrees an the darn sled would'nt even start then wiggled the d.e.s.s. around it would start.But in the "boonies" had the tether attached playing in some powder slipped off sled popped the tether off went to go put it back on and fire her up and .... nothing!! wiggled some more finally fired up and off i went. gave me an uneasy feeling of , uh oh!! what if it didnt start, those things are really touchy. And yes i cleaned the d.e.s.s. out before i put it back on. sled only has 2200 miles on it. but there are very tempermental.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have had similar issues with the D.E.S.S but I have never been stranded. It just beeps every second until I press it down more or pull it off and replace it. Then I get those two beeps that mean "it's all good"

Then again I have only put a few hundred miles on my sled this year thanks to the weather!

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
Common.........it wont leave you stranded.......remove snow and ice from cap........and once it starts, wiggle the cap and push down........

The way the DOO computer works, is that is only needs to "SEE" the correct cap for a split second..............test this some time, by borrowing your buddies cap..........with your engine running with your cap........quickly switch caps, so the engine does not die.....

It will run PERFECTLY untill the next time you shut it down, and restart........then it will do the DING-DING-DING thing

This is also a good trick to play on a buddy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts