·
1200 Trail King
2,187 Posts
ya all day long budd

·
Registered
9,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I just noticed I spelled Nicasil incorrect on the topic heading. I stink at typing.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I just noticed I spelled Nicasil incorrect on the topic heading. I stink at typing.
We have freshly re-nik jugs in stock for exchange. Give us a call. We're a Doo Talk sponsor.
Angie
Sea Doo Clinic
517-238-5955

·
Registered
9,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Or at least until you squeak a piston.
I'm doing a refresh, pistons/rings. She still runs, but compression is > 10% between hot/cold readings. I hope I didn't damage any cylinder lining/coating. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
45,484 Posts
As long as nothing came apart you likely won't have to replace the cylinders. (Ya know...No major scuffs/scrapes/scratches/etc...)

You can do a quick hone with a diamond hone I believe it is to take the 'glaze' off the cylinder to promote new ring seal and run it again!

·
Registered
9,148 Posts
As long as nothing came apart you likely won't have to replace the cylinders. (Ya know...No major scuffs/scrapes/scratches/etc...)

You can do a quick hone with a diamond hone I believe it is to take the 'glaze' off the cylinder to promote new ring seal and run it again!
Yep, that was my original plan. I bought some dual ringers from Big John. Re-worked both clutches. I'm anxious to see how she'll run after "jug implants."

You're absolutely correct. You should always check cylinder taper, ring end gap, piston to cylinder wall clearance and deglaze before new piston/ring installation. Deglazing helps seat the new rings.

Lots of folks don't, I'm not much of a gambler. My .03

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
Lots of folks don't, I'm not much of a gambler. My .03
at least you got the money if you want to. lol thats a full cent more than most have. lol I learned a bit from the thread on these cylinders! thanks, steve

·
Registered
9,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
at least you got the money if you want to. lol thats a full cent more than most have. lol I learned a bit from the thread on these cylinders! thanks, steve
Steve,
There are so many folks out there with tons of knowledge on this stuff. I think it's cool they are willing to share their expertise. I can't afford to have someone else wrench on my sled.

This is my first top end rebuild. I'm going by what I have learned from the guys/gals on this site. My plan is to go slowly and walk away when I get frustrated. I tend to rush things and mess them up. Most likely I'll start on it over the weekend.

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
Steve,
There are so many folks out there with tons of knowledge on this stuff. I think it's cool they are willing to share their expertise. I can't afford to have someone else wrench on my sled.

This is my first top end rebuild. I'm going by what I have learned from the guys/gals on this site. My plan is to go slowly and walk away when I get frustrated. I tend to rush things and mess them up. Most likely I'll start on it over the weekend.
sounds cool man! I know how it is not to have others work on your stuff. lol I do all my own stuff too for the entire family. sounds like a good thing to do if you get irritated at it. I do the same. My first rebuild on a sled was last year, i had a 500 that blew a cylinder so it was time to tear into it. I enjoy reading the threads on here more than over at atvriders where i usually roll around. I know my 400ex backwards and forwards and have replaced just about everything include a rebuild on that 2 yrs ago. So it is great to learn new things about something that i am not too familiar with but have been doing most of my life. I never did much work on my sleds since i didnt ride much lol. good luck with the rebuild, you will enjoy the learning.
steve

·
Registered
362 Posts
u can get them cheaper else where...give big john a call..
Geez, lcsjhnnyblz!
How do you know what I charge? I didn't even list a price? FYI, I have been making great deals to all snowmobilers this summer! I will make a great deal on fresh jugs, piston kits, gaskets, caged rod bearings, everything! Call me and let me know what you need and I will make you a deal that even Big John can beat!
Keep your Doo Talk sponsors in business. We are the funding behind this site.

Angie

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Geez, lcsjhnnyblz!
How do you know what I charge? I didn't even list a price? FYI, I have been making great deals to all snowmobilers this summer! I will make a great deal on fresh jugs, piston kits, gaskets, caged rod bearings, everything! Call me and let me know what you need and I will make you a deal that even Big John can beat!
Keep your Doo Talk sponsors in business. We are the funding behind this site.

Angie
2 different times I have exchanged cylinders with the Sea Doo Clinic. Both times he had what I needed in stock and gave me a great price. Helped me out with a hard to find (race team) base gasket one time also. It only takes a phone call to get a price.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
sea-doo clinic has evry cylinder in stock,we use their replates for our stock class race motors as they are the best quality replates in the business and look like or better than the originals

1 - 20 of 20 Posts