Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, about a mile from home my sled died. Started looking into it today, and it seems only one cylinder is firing. Sled barely stays running and it dosent even produce enough RPM to engage the tach. The cylinder that is not firing had a bad plug, and the other was ok...but I changed them both anyway. Both make lots of spark, It is making an odd flapping rattle, as well as backfiring, so I decided to investigate the reeds. Now that I have them out, they look ok, but im going to take advantage of this to change them anyway. Also service the carb.

I guess I'm wondering if anybody has any other thoughts on this. I didnt have the tools to do a compression test at the time I ripped eveything apart. Im thinking that maybe one of the raves could be the issue.

Thanks.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stator and coils all V tested fine and Ohm tested fine. There is no compression on mag side cylinder.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After tearing it down, I'm gonna need 1 piston and 1 cylinder. Piston on mag side has a hole in it. Also re doing reeds and cleaning carb while I'm at it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts