Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

Excuse my english, I'm french Canadian from Quebec. We have a lot of snow but bad english...

Is the gasket between cylinders and base supposed to restrict some of the port area.
I included a picture to explain. I installed a new Kimpex gasket and the gasket is a little larger at some places where between the contact area of cylinder and base. It restrict maybe 10-15% of the transfert port passage...

Can I cut the exceeding gasket to match the contact area? Is an OEM doing the same, if yes it restrict, by removing the exceeding, it would give more power, rejetting?...

thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
As long as you got it on the the proper direction, go ahead and trim it with a razor or something. Don't fold the gasket.

·
Registered
377 Posts
When I built mine, I checked everything and found the same as you. I trimmed the gasket and matched them to the ports. I think you'll also find that the cylinders and cases don't exactly match either, that can all be fixed when you match the cases to the cylinders and then trim the gasket to fit.
Either way it does,'t matter too much. If you leave the case not matching the cylinder like it was, the turbulence it creates just keeps the air/fuel mixed and atomized better. However that is just one opinion to hundreds of others. Either way you won't notice a difference unless you have ported the rest of the machine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts