Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Hurry, pull my string again!
2,181 Posts
If you are thinking of installing a Cyberdyne water temp gauge, like the one people have been mentioning on threads. I have the plug along with the male pins that are required to pull power from the sled, to do a nice clean OEM style install, for far less money. The connectors run over $15 from the dealer (1 Female terminal housing #515175494 - $9.80, 2 Male Terminals #515175232 - $2.40 each).

This will keep you from having to cut your factory harness and splice in wires, potentially leading to a short, plus you can always unhook it easily later if you sell or upgrade your sled. It will also add value if you decide to sell the gauge, which sell for $90+ with this plug. That would save you $40, considering the gauges cost $42 on ebay. The money you save can afford an ambient air temp gauge, which is a cool addition and fills the hole on the opposite side of the console.

-- Price is $7.50 for one plug housing and three male pins (one for hot lead, one for ground, and one extra just in case). Thereafter I'll do the sets for $5.00 each. Shipping is included. I may be able to supply extra pins if you need them as well for $1 each.

I take paypal and have a bunch of the plugs and pins. PM me.

Here is what the connector and pins look like (left/middle), along with a plug from a REV (right).

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
where is this connector on the factory harness? i have mine temporarily plugged into the factory temp guage connector and it looks different than that.

·
2,181 Posts
Oh, I'm sorry, the power comes from a three position plug in the main wiring harness under the console. there are two of them, one left and one right. it's the same type you would use if you installed the Doo fuel gauge, with red, black and purple (or blue) wire as depicted above. the blue/purple wire is jumper to go to the fuel or temp sensor that comes with the Doo gauge, but you don't use any pin in the middle position for the temp gauge as you only want power. the Cyberdyne sender has it's own wire which connect directly to the gauge, not into the factory harness.

you will still leave your temp hooked into the mpem for the idiot light. wouldn't be too good to eliminate that. again, there are two under the console. some people use them for the Doo fuel gauge, which will still work, since there's one for each side of the console. but, that's all the positions available in the dash itself.

Maybe the 440 doesn't have it, is yours the race sled? can you supply a pic of the top of the frame with the dash off??

This is the same connector that you'd buy from the dealer, and the same one that was being used on the preassembled gauge sold here last year.

here is a pic of the connector coming off the harness, with the plug installed in it. the top one is the factory plug, bottom is the mating one I have with pins.

And here's one of the ones purchased assembled, same thing.

·
2,181 Posts
Sets purchased this wekeend will go out tommorrow morning. Don't forget your DT name and how many you need when paying by Paypal, so i don't get em mixed up. make sure your address is in there too.

Thanks, plenty left!

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
For the guys putting on the 440 bars and all controls on their consumer sled. Buy 12 of these pins. These run $2.70US(don't qoute me) and $3.40 cad from the dealer a pop! You MUST have these when doing the conversion. You need 11 if you're doing the whole set-up but get an extra incase you have too many
while in the garage.

·
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can do those 440 controls conversion pins shipped for $12, but for a small number of people only.

You may noticed I added a dollar on the price of the "1st unit" connector set. The price of additional sets did not change. After the padded envelope and the postage it just wasn't cost effective to send only 1. You'll still save over $40 by DIY.

Thanks guys,
W

·
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry about being away for the weekend, death in the family. All plugs ordered since Thursday are going out today. thanks for being cool and understanding.

Still have some left!

Wayne

·
2,181 Posts
FYI, I have been informed that some '03 REVs (with the beaver tail), do not have the style connector mentioned above. they use a different connector which I have never seen. It is two spades placed vertically and one horizontally. Strongly resembles the accessories plug on the ZX chassis sleds.

If my sled hsd this connector i would cut it off and adapt to the waterproof type used in Sea-Doo and Yamaha watercraft. I happen to have those as well for the jetski shop, but the above connector will not work....at least for some '03s just a head's up. Please check your factory connector prior to PMing me for the plug.

Wayne

·
Registered
99 Posts
If you are thinking of installing a Cyberdyne water temp gauge, like the one people have been mentioning on threads. I have the plug along with the male pins that are required to pull power from the sled, to do a nice clean OEM style install, for far less money. The connectors run over $15 from the dealer (1 Female terminal housing #515175494 - $9.80, 2 Male Terminals #515175232 - $2.40 each).

This will keep you from having to cut your factory harness and splice in wires, potentially leading to a short, plus you can always unhook it easily later if you sell or upgrade your sled. It will also add value if you decide to sell the gauge, which sell for $90+ with this plug. That would save you $40, considering the gauges cost $42 on ebay. The money you save can afford an ambient air temp gauge, which is a cool addition and fills the hole on the opposite side of the console.

-- Price is $7.50 for one plug housing and three male pins (one for hot lead, one for ground, and one extra just in case). Thereafter I'll do the sets for $5.00 each. Shipping is included. I may be able to supply extra pins if you need them as well for $1 each.

I take paypal and have a bunch of the plugs and pins. PM me.

Here is what the connector and pins look like (left/middle), along with a plug from a REV (right).

I want to install one in my 07 600SDI this summer and my dads 500SS. Can you supply me with some information to my email at [email protected] I just don't want to lose this post in dootalk. Talk with you soon.

·
Registered
73 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
490 Posts
wayniac you better get your "edit for bad language" to the slead freak ride its feb 4-8 thats wensday thru sunday lol braaaaaap !!!! they are booking now at the freeman dont wait go over to sleadfreak.com for da details

·
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hell yeah foolio, we went last year, but stayed off site. Everyone had been there early in the week and we only saw a couple people. we're going again this year. this will be the third.

I'll get on sledfreak soon. hope all is well bro!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts