Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen a "cvt cooling system" in Canadian accessories catalogue $45 p/n 860200714. Says it cools clutches 25oC? No pict anybody have any idea what this is? Wonder if it's like the plastic fan plates on the new proclimb clutches?

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
It's going to be a plastic cover with special venting that will go on the clutch cover of 2012 800 summit's. engineers are stating clutch temp drops of 20 to 30 degrees. They seem to have put a lot of effort into it, it'll be interesting to see how many get popped off the covers before their first ride....

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks, be worth a try for the price.

Kills me how instead of fixing source of heat (clutch inefficiency) they put their effort into a cooling system. The tra7 has been a thorn in an otherwise super efficient drivetrain since it came on the 07 revs.

Hopefully they drop the pos for the xp version 2. Love doo hate tra.

Kinda like love cummins hate the dodge it comes in : )

·
Descending doooowwwwnnnnn
3,408 Posts
what page is it on?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Page 139. Above piston kit.

And agree 100% heat is from slipping clutches, slipping clutches equal hp transferring to heat not to track. Why they don't chase this problem I don't understand. Yes the tra7 works well for the trail flat land market which is the bigger segment. But the west is what's keeping snowmobiling alive the past few years. Biggest market growth year after year. I think the poo pro proved this in spades. Doo give us a mountain clutch!!!! Or pay to use the p85 or yamaha clutch if you can't figure it out!!!! I have felt the power of a more efficient clutch on a summit. I ran the polar for about a month. The polar finally blew apart but while it held together the difference was incredible. Seriously thinking about trying a p85 with the doo taper. But will wait and see what's new for 2013 hate to jump ship over something so obviously needing attention for the last 5years.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Pffft... I have at least a dozen 1" holes in my clutch cover plastic, 40 1/4" holes in the metal cover, trimmed tool kit holster for better air flow, 25" square air inlet vent in front of the clutches, 10 square inch vent behind the clutches, and about 10 3/4" holes in the plastic peice in front of the foot gaurd. Combined with the Floating QRS mod. And my clutches are finally at an acceptable temperature. This kit from Doo won't cool them down at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts