Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Well, I made the purchase of Ski-doo's rail stiffening kit last year. I didn't like it, as it made you drill 3 new holes in the rails, while only utilizing 1 existing hole. I cannot see how this will strengthen and not weaken the rails. So, I returned it, with the plans of building my own kit.

I finally got around to building a kit this week. Here are a few pics. I am going to test it out on a ride tomorrow, and will post more after that. I took many pics, so I can post a full story after the test run.

My kit utilizes all but 1 existing hole in the rails, and I added three new holes for the rear cross members. This should make the rail really stout, and avoid and rail bending.

This is on my '05 Summit 800HO, 144"

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Rim

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,601 Posts
Sorry....meant to say "Custom Rail Stiffening Kit"

Fixed

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Looks good, but how much snow gets trapped in and around all those "stiffeners"?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bobadoo....thanks for the fix!!

Not sure how much snow it will hold, but that is not of much concern to me. Hard to trap snow if your rail is bent and your sled is sitting in the garage

Alaskan

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Yeah, I guess

·
Registered
568 Posts
what about that big area that is only an 1" or so tall length wise down the rail, this is where most guys bend their rails on tail landings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts