Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the story goes like this.

I spun a bearing New Years day on my crank and it took out my piston, cylinder and so on. I had the crank rebalanced, ordered new pistons from Bill, had the cylinders honed and I was off.

I get the engine put back together by a guy I sort of know and comes highly recommended.

I took the sled up north last weekend to get my first ride in with rebuilt engine. It runs great all weekend long and in my last 30 minutes before I pack up it seized up.

I finally get towed in later that night and drove home on Monday. Last night I decided to rip it apart and see what the cause was. With knowing just a little I saw the piston, ring and cylinder were all tore up. I figured the guy who built it knows what he is doing so it couldn't have been his fault. I fire off an email to Bill saying the ring broke (I know I sounded like an idiot) and was hoping he could do something for me. He asks me to send pictures or the piston to him so I snapped some pics this morning and sent them off.

What might be obvious to some wasn't to me and it turns out a C clip came loose, broke, whatever and worked its way around the cylinder ruining the piston, ring and cylinder. I made a post on another forum and people pointed it out so before Bill even responded the second time I knew exactly what caused everything

This all being said Bill still said he would send me a new piston and ring out free of charge and gave me a great deal on a stock bore cylinder that I won't need to have honed (I don't think).

I am new to Doos, new to snowmobiling and was hesitant to buy anything other then Wiseco before I started researching Cudney here. I just wanted others to know how great his customer service is, how prompt he was getting back to me and what an asset he is to this forum. I've read other stories from others not knowing how much was true or not. Now I know the stories are true and I will say I would do business again in a second with Cudney.

Thanks Bill.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
98_formula_III_600 said:
That piston still looks good to me lol giver her i'll put it into my 600 j/k but yea tough break on the probs
[snapback]696243[/snapback]​
Am I over reacting by thinking of selling and buying new with an extended warranty?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.