752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are bills pistons , single or double ring pistons// how well do they hold up

my 04 just smoked a piston

thanks

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Single ring,I've installed them in my '05 butI'm still waiting for my cylinder.I ran them in my '03 without any problems, I put 3500 kms on them last season .

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
folgers said:
buy then and be done
[snapback]715824[/snapback]​
does any one have 1000`s of miles on bill`s pistons? and did the compression hold up

my 04 had over 6000 miles on it when it went down monday and it was detonation ,not ring failure

looking at it after i tore it down yesterday..

i know bill`s pistons are cheaper in price, than going through Doo,, with money being tight is a plus

thanks again

·
Certifiable Sledhead and Cybertruck Reservation Ho
4,214 Posts
JUGGS said:
folgers said:
buy then and be done
[snapback]715824[/snapback]​
does any one have 1000`s of miles on bill`s pistons? and did the compression hold up

my 04 had over 6000 miles on it when it went down monday and it was detonation ,not ring failure

looking at it after i tore it down yesterday..

i know bill`s pistons are cheaper in price, than going through Doo,, with money being tight is a plus

thanks again
[snapback]717429[/snapback]​
I have over 1100 miles (not alot I know) so far on a set of Bill's pistons. No problems and compression and performance has remained the same since break-in.

·
Registered
305 Posts
i know he has a great reputation. i orderes a set for my 2003 blair. vary happy. i do believe though they are spi pistons. my brother order a set of spi at the same time and they are exactly the same? no diff

·
Certifiable Sledhead and Cybertruck Reservation Ho
4,214 Posts
danx123 said:
i know he has a great reputation. i orderes a set for my 2003 blair. vary happy. i do believe though they are spi pistons. my brother order a set of spi at the same time and they are exactly the same? no diff
[snapback]717975[/snapback]​
They're for the same engine so they look the same by necessity. My Cudney pistons looked identical to the stock doo pistons too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts