Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed a Cudney Racing PB80 clutch and Helix. Wow what a difference! Helix spring was really stiff and a compression spring. The rpm's run about 5000 at about 40mph. About 1000rpm higher than stock. Acceleration is phenomenal ! Just hope the extra rpm's don't cause any extra wear on engine. Anybody else have the same setup? Oh yeah my mileage dropped also.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Hey Bob!

Just saw your post. Glad the Cudney Clutch Kit installed without any issues and it made a big differnence for you!

From every review I have read people say it is like a completely different sled.

I'm still down in FL but will be heading north this week. I'll get the extra weights and extra CVTech primary spring out to you by the end of the week.

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
195 Posts
Running that setup for 4 years now. Running 8100 rpm. Didn't gain any top end but makes the sled way more fun!

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
As mentioned, that setup won't create any issues with your engine. I've been running it on two different sleds since 2014. The 900 is capable of running higher rpms than what BRP sets it up with.
Keep in mind that they are trying to market fuel economy with this sled and not performance so hence the reason for lower rpms out of the crate.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Definitely wakes the little 900 up with that setup. Does anyone know the part # of the primary spring that Bill puts in his pb 80 and best place to purchase one? Mine is getting some miles on it and losing some rpms lately so I was going to replace it.

Reactions: 12/3

·
Registered
308 Posts
Give Bill a call. You'll have a replacement spring in a few days.

To chime in, I put this on my wife's 2016 before it ever hit snow. No issues and it runs strong still. I took it to Canada with me a few years ago as I had already traded my 1200 in. I was quite pleased with it. Would blast hard through 80 MPH, and climbed to 100 MPH. I was honestly quite surprised. I can't vouch for the mileage claim of losing a couple, The other day riding with my wife, my tuned turbo got 17.5 to her 19. I wasn't into the turbo much as it was just a leisurely afternoon cruise.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yep I called bill Monday and got the new spring today..
Anxious to see if it brings my Rpms back up

Give Bill a call. You'll have a replacement spring in a few days.

To chime in, I put this on my wife's 2016 before it ever hit snow. No issues and it runs strong still. I took it to Canada with me a few years ago as I had already traded my 1200 in. I was quite pleased with it. Would blast hard through 80 MPH, and climbed to 100 MPH. I was honestly quite surprised. I can't vouch for the mileage claim of losing a couple, The other day riding with my wife, my tuned turbo got 17.5 to her 19. I wasn't into the turbo much as it was just a leisurely afternoon cruise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts