Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my clickers set on #5 and I am pulling a solid 8000rpms. The sled pulls great. Would I be better off adding some pin wieght and brinnging the clickers down to #3. What will the result be? Will it still be snappy? Will I gain or loose top end? What do you think?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Revved Up said:
I have my clickers set on #5 and I am pulling a solid 8000rpms. The sled pulls great. Would I be better off adding some pin wieght and brinnging the clickers down to #3. What will the result be? Will it still be snappy? Will I gain or loose top end? What do you think?

Thanks

[snapback]686107[/snapback]​
adding pin weight and clicking down will both drop your rpms. if you went to #3 without adding pin weight you would be at 7600 (not good). generally a higher clicker # will be snappier and a lower # will pull harder on top end, but you need to adjust pin weight accordingly.

·
Registered
480 Posts
If you add pin weight you are going to be pull less RPM, so you lose rather than gain. The clickers really need to be in postion #3. You need to decrease pin weight to get your clickers in the right postion. I would recommend removing the smaller set screws in the pins and starting from clicker postion #3 and go from there. Remeber most Doo tachs reed 100-200 rpm high.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts