Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
What kind of differance will Cudney Heads do for my 06 600 sdi? I have extra money to spend on my sled and want to get some cool stuff for it and i hear alot about cudney heads. what kind of stuff do i have to do to the stock motor to use this option too? Also what will the cost be approx. and where to get them?
Will this viod the warranty?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes, it will void the warranty!

Power...yes, I've seen first hand how well the SDI responds to the Cudney Pistons and Head. My buddy installed them on his '05 SDI and it made huge mid-range difference. He had roughly 5 miles on his sled (post kit installation) and would walk away from my stock '05 SDI in the mid-range....and he stated that he never pinned it. I think he has roughly $1K in Mod parts...Cudney primary clutch kit, Pistons and Head, Hyperlite secondary clutch. He's running a 121X1.75 Camoplast.

I WILL BUY A CLUTCH KIT ON MONDAY! DYNAMO^JOE...where are you?

I say clutch it first! Ride it and then decide if you want to Mod the motor, simply because I think it's the biggest bang for the buck and will most likely NOT void your warranty. Also...I don't think too many people are Modding out their SDI motors.

·
Premium Member
8,339 Posts
doodude600HOSDi said:
What kind of differance will Cudney Heads do for my 06 600 sdi? I have extra money to spend on my sled and want to get some cool stuff for it and i hear alot about cudney heads. what kind of stuff do i have to do to the stock motor to use this option too? Also what will the cost be approx. and where to get them?
Will this viod the warranty?
[snapback]686580[/snapback]​
It will void your warranty but I believe it is safer than the stock head because it runs so much cooler. I wish I would have bought mine when the sled was new.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I put a cudney head on 04 600 ho a few weeks ago. Though it is not an sdi this head made huge improvements. I raced an 800 Zr this weekend stayed with him out of the hole and stayed ski to ski with him till about 80 mph. After that he pulled me by about 1 and 1/2 sled. But it was a close race and made him think a little. This head will help your sled through out the whole powerband. But you may need a clutch kit to adust weight. Because when you add horsepower you need to then put that power to the ground. And more than likely it will void waranty

·
Members
693 Posts
I've got my 06 SDI set up with a Cudney Head, Cudney Clutch Kit, V-Force 3 Reeds and Dynoport Pipe (into stock can). Made the sled a whole new machine.

If you need anything Cudney I've usually got almost anything you need right in stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.