Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I GOT SOME HEAD DOMES IN FOR OUR TEST SLED AND ONE COUSTMER THIS MORNING. THEN PROCEDED TO INSTAL IN OUR TEST SLED. VERRY EASY TO DO, JUST DRAIN COOLANT REMOVE HOSE AND TEMP SENSOR, A FEW BOLTS AND POP HEAD AND INSTAL NEW DOMES. TOTAL OF ABOUT ONE HOUR OF LABOR. THEN TOOK SLED AND COUSTMERS SLED TO TEST FIELD AND RAN THEM. THE SLED WITH HEAD KIT WAS ABOUT 2 TO 3 SLED LENGTHS AHEAD AND FELT VERRY STRONG. THEN JUST TO BACK UP TEST, I INSTALED HEAD DOMES ON MY COUSTMERS SLED AND HEADED BACK TO TESTING FIELD. THE SLEDS WERE DEAD EVEN AGAIN. DID NOT HAVE MY STALKER GUN (IN FOR REPAR) SO I FIGURED THIS WAS THE BEST WAY TO SEE IF IT WORKED. RESULTS, FOR THE MONEY IT SEAMS TO BE VERRY WORTH WILD. WITH NO GUN I DONT HAVE THE TIMES TO SEE WHAT THE EXCELARATION GAIN IS EXACTLY BUT IN MY BOOK A SIDE BY SIDE COMPARASON IS JUST AS GOOD, ESPECIALY IF AFTER THE MODS WERE DONE IN THE OTHER SLED THEY WERE EVEN AGAIN. BOULTH SLEDS HAVE THE SAME TRACKS STUDS AND CUDNEY CLUTCH KIT IN THEM AND WERE NECK AND NECK ON LONG LAKE PULLS BEFORE THE HEAD WAS DONE. MY FIELD IS ABOUT 1/2 MILE LONG AND I HAVE A 1/4 MILE STAKED (NEED ROOM TO SLOW DOWN). SO IN CONCLUSION A 2 TO 3 SLED LENGTH ADVANTAGE IN A 1/4 MILE IS A VERRY GOOD GAIN. HOPE THIS ANSWERS ANY QUESTIONS. CARLSON RACING

·
Registered
603 Posts
EVIL DOOER said:
I GOT SOME HEAD DOMES IN FOR OUR TEST SLED AND ONE COUSTMER THIS MORNING. THEN PROCEDED TO INSTAL IN OUR TEST SLED. VERRY EASY TO DO, JUST DRAIN COOLANT REMOVE HOSE AND TEMP SENSOR, A FEW BOLTS AND POP HEAD AND INSTAL NEW DOMES. TOTAL OF ABOUT ONE HOUR OF LABOR. THEN TOOK SLED AND COUSTMERS SLED TO TEST FIELD AND RAN THEM. THE SLED WITH HEAD KIT WAS ABOUT 2 TO 3 SLED LENGTHS AHEAD AND FELT VERRY STRONG. THEN JUST TO BACK UP TEST, I INSTALED HEAD DOMES ON MY COUSTMERS SLED AND HEADED BACK TO TESTING FIELD. THE SLEDS WERE DEAD EVEN AGAIN. DID NOT HAVE MY STALKER GUN (IN FOR REPAR) SO I FIGURED THIS WAS THE BEST WAY TO SEE IF IT WORKED. RESULTS, FOR THE MONEY IT SEAMS TO BE VERRY WORTH WILD. WITH NO GUN I DONT HAVE THE TIMES TO SEE WHAT THE EXCELARATION GAIN IS EXACTLY BUT IN MY BOOK A SIDE BY SIDE COMPARASON IS JUST AS GOOD, ESPECIALY IF AFTER THE MODS WERE DONE IN THE OTHER SLED THEY WERE EVEN AGAIN. BOULTH SLEDS HAVE THE SAME TRACKS STUDS AND CUDNEY CLUTCH KIT IN THEM AND WERE NECK AND NECK ON LONG LAKE PULLS BEFORE THE HEAD WAS DONE. MY FIELD IS ABOUT 1/2 MILE LONG AND I HAVE A 1/4 MILE STAKED (NEED ROOM TO SLOW DOWN). SO IN CONCLUSION A 2 TO 3 SLED LENGTH ADVANTAGE IN A 1/4 MILE IS A VERRY GOOD GAIN. HOPE THIS ANSWERS ANY QUESTIONS. CARLSON RACING

[snapback]306405[/snapback]​
Great post...very helpful!!

·
Registered
816 Posts
EVIL DOOER said:

thanks for the post. side by side is my favorite way to test

·
Registered
104 Posts
a7m266d your an idiot .!!!!! we dont need guys like you around here take your comments and flock off this site once and for all......

·
Ski-Doo Guru
13,819 Posts
diggerdeep said:
a7m266d your an idiot .!!!!! we dont need guys like you around here take your comments and flock off this site once and for all......
[snapback]306622[/snapback]​
I maybe an idiot to you but its funny the only guys that promote anything for Cudney on here for the mach z are guys that are his dealers. Humm no talk at all about how good the clutch kit is wonder why?

·
Registered
603 Posts
mc800 said:
HOW DO YOU DRAIN THE COOLANT WITHOUT A MESS?
[snapback]306530[/snapback]​
Open the coolant bottle, and use a small, clean siphon to siphon the collant out into a clean tub. It will draw off about 1/3 - 1/2 gallon, a little more if you prop the other side ski up on a couple of 2x4's. Replace the coolant with a small funnel with a flex tube. You cannot fit a large siphon in the new Mach Z coolant bottle.

·
Registered
36 Posts
EVIL DOOER said:

IS THERE A PART NUMBER FOR THIS KIT.
HOW ABOUT A PHONE NUMBER SO I CAN GET ONE OF THESE
HOW MUCH WAS IT.
ANY INFO WOULD HELP

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mc800 said:
HOW DO YOU DRAIN THE COOLANT WITHOUT A MESS?
[snapback]306530[/snapback]​
ALSO THERE IS A LARGE RUBBER PLUG UNDER THE WATTER PUMP IN THE CHASSIS. REMOVE THE PLUG AND PLACE A PAN UNDER THE HOLE AND TAKE THE BOTTOM HOSE OFF. AS FAR AS A7M GOES, WE SELL ALOT MORE THAN BILL,S STUFF. IF IT DIDNT MAKE A DIFFRENCE I WOULD TELL YOU! SOME TIMES IT IS BEST IF YOU KEEP YOUR COMENTS TO YOURSELF. YOU CAN LINK TO CUDNEYS SITE RIGHT HERE ON DOO TALK
OR ASK HIM FOR THE CLOSEST DEALER TO YOU. I AN IN WESTERN N.Y. . GOOD LUCK. CARLSON RACING

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ALSO YOU CAN TALK ALL THE TRASH YOU WANT TO ABOUT THE CLUTCH KIT, BUT THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS IT WORKS GREAT WITH A HUGE GAIN OVER STOCK. NOT BASHING OTHER KITS AT ALL BUT I HAD A GUY UP IN CANADA (DORSETT) SAYING HE WOULD BEAT MY HALF OF A CLUTCH KIT WITH HIS (I WILL NOT MENTION THE KITS MAKER DUE TO RESPECT) KIT AND WE RAN OVER A 5 MILE SECTION OF THE LAKE OF BAYS AND THEY WERE EVEN. HE EAVEN ADDMITTED THAT IT WAS A GREAT KIT AND CHEEPER THAN WHAT HE PAYED. DOLLAR FOR DOLLAR IT STACKS RIGHT UP THERE WITH THE REST OF THEM. CARLSON RACING

·
Registered
489 Posts
EVIL DOOER said:
HIS NAME WAS ROB, LAST NAME? HE WAS FROM P.A.. NICE GUY, WE RAN WITH FOR THE REST OF THE DAY.
[snapback]307552[/snapback]​
do you run the Dorset area often? I'm there most weekends.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts