Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd pass on a great experience to highlight that we have good people and businesses in this industry here in Ontario.

First off bought clutch kit from Bill at Toronto Show, had it installed and put about 300 miles on the machine before Christmas, couple days after Christmas, got the first chance to run on a lake and found that sled would not turn over 7500 rpms WOT, in the truck on the drive home left Bill a message after hours inquiring about pin weight changes to get rpms up. Bill called me back that evening asked me 20 questions and suggested that I had motor problem. As per his suggestion, did cold and then warm compression check and found that I had dropped to 110 PTO and 120 MAG. Not good! Called him to tell him what I found and he gave good advice about the chrome rings etc.

Called my dealer (Dunford's of Havelock) last Friday morning advised them of the findings and told them that I would have it to them Tuesday morning, they must have ordered the parts after I called expecting rings, gaskets, etc and I just got the sled back this afternoon rebuilt with new rings and 140 lbs of compression.

Can't say enough positive things about Bill or Dunford's and it makes me feel good about spending money at both places! Make sure you consider them both when you can!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Fluid said:
Just thought I'd pass on a great experience to highlight that we have good people and businesses in this industry here in Ontario.

First off bought clutch kit from Bill at Toronto Show, had it installed and put about 300 miles on the machine before Christmas, couple days after Christmas, got the first chance to run on a lake and found that sled would not turn over 7500 rpms WOT, in the truck on the drive home left Bill a message after hours inquiring about pin weight changes to get rpms up. Bill called me back that evening asked me 20 questions and suggested that I had motor problem. As per his suggestion, did cold and then warm compression check and found that I had dropped to 110 PTO and 120 MAG. Not good! Called him to tell him what I found and he gave good advice about the chrome rings etc.

Called my dealer (Dunford's of Havelock) last Friday morning advised them of the findings and told them that I would have it to them Tuesday morning, they must have ordered the parts after I called expecting rings, gaskets, etc and I just got the sled back this afternoon rebuilt with new rings and 140 lbs of compression.

Can't say enough positive things about Bill or Dunford's and it makes me feel good about spending money at both places! Make sure you consider them both when you can!
[snapback]256626[/snapback]​
i also deal with dunford's and you are exactly right. i have gone into white wter marine 4 times now and walked out "edit for bad language" of at their ignorance and stupidity 4 time4s now. i drive right by white water and drive and hour to go to dunfords with a smile on my face every time. with the problems all this new technology can create these days it's the dealer that's the most critical link in the chain. without an excellent dealer i will not buy the product being sold...PERIOD. kudo's to dunford's and i will probably experience bill cudney's at season's end for some engine mod's. it's word of mouth like this that WILL MAKE OR BREAK THE DEALER!! KUDO'S TO BOTH DEALERS!!! don soucie...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's nice to see some local flavour on Doo-talk, I was at a stop up by Bancroft in between Christmas and New Year's and a sled passed with Doo-talk stickers on it. I live in Peterborough and try to ride with as little trailering as possible often starting from a buddies place in the west end of Peterborough riding up to Fowlers Corners and running Chemong up to Nogies and trails from there, just depends on the snow...

·
Registered
541 Posts
pacetruckdrvr said:
I live right across the lake from Fowlers Corners. We do that ride up to nogies all the time, in fact we did it last tuesday.
[snapback]257685[/snapback]​
you can't live across the lake from fowlers corners...i doo!!! actually i was up on the buckhorn trail helping the wardens do sign changes and tree cutting and limbing on saturday and i believe it was your name and a few others that signed in the log book on january 3??? any ways....i can see the stop lights at f-cor's from my house. are you guys always in and out off the point racing in and out of the bay??? i am on the north shore with a white boat house with brown steel roof . work at GM in oshawa. drop in for a beer some time. the front yard is always well travel'd and tracks....don ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts