Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone try Bill Cudneys clutch kit with the roller secondary?
was wondering how much weight in pins and WOT RPM
Did you lose top end speed?

I have kit and seem to have lost top end speed. WOT RPM is 7825 slowly creeps to 7925 on digital tach. Acceleration is very good.

Any thoughts boys and girls?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Rubberduck said:
I'll be interested in your replys. I just ordered the Cudney kit today for my 2006 800x Renegade. I had one in my 2004 800 Renegade and liked it a lot. No loss in top end in my 2004.

[snapback]703202[/snapback]​
You are lucky, because I have been using this kit for 2 years ago and I lost top end speed.
The reason on this problem is the helix with big angle. The engine is too much loaded with this helix. The primary clutch isn't shifting out at WOT.

However, the acceleration is awesome.

You could not have all with the clutch kit........ either the acceleration or top end speed
is good.......

Just my 2 cents.....
-Powerave

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
im going to buy one, but after reading this im scared???? i talked to bill, he said 1 in 10 have no issues

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have one in my 06 800x and in 2500ft i clicked off 112 on gps with 1' 1/4 ripsaw loaded with 144 studs clickers on #3, max pin weight (2long and one short in each pin) I think the kit works awesome!

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have both the button and roller version of his clutch kit and the button style is about 3 to 5 mph faster on the top end. But in a flat out drag the roller will out accelerate the button clutch by about 1 to 1.5 sled lenghts in 1500 feet. I have been testing with a lower finish angle in the roller and will post results. Here's to hoping to get the rpm back on the top end.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I put the kit on my '06 800x as well as billet head from cudney. Really had to play with the weight and went down one tooth on top. Currently have 2 long in there - 103 gps on loose snow on top of hard pack, 112 on ice covered road. Raced a 1000 Mach Z, stayed with him dead even till 85-90 mph, then he slowly walks. This thing pulls all the way.

gear

·
Registered
712 Posts
I also have his kit 06800mxzx gets a little over 100 thats with 1.5 ripsaw and 24 tooth gear.It would hit 8000 and creep to 8200.Thats with 2 long in the pin.Went to 2 long and 1 short .The sled would hit 7800 and greep to 8000.Ran really good hit 100 really easy.Then the motor went down lost pto cyl and piston!They always run good be fore they let goLOL.ITs not the clutch kits fault.I hope when I ride it again it will still pull that pin weight.LOL the speed was off the speedo.

·
Registered
2018 850MXZX, 2020 600R TNT, 2011 600 GSX
571 Posts
I have Bills Kit in my o6 800 x 121 seems to be working GREAT!!
Back shift is good pull real hard

I have seen 114 on the spedo in 32 deg weather and I thought that
was good for how warm it was.

I will be trying this weekend this weekend a little more weight and back
to clicker 3

and racing a F7 and a good running viper

Hilltop

·
Registered
133 Posts
Revking said:
what clicker are you on gear?
[snapback]704445[/snapback]​
clicker 1 was 102.8 on gps, clicker 2 was 103.5 so I left it on #2. There was only 50-100 rpm increase going from 1 to 2 which is low - apparently it is suppose to be about 200 rpm.

gear

·
Highlife says: "UpAndOver Baby!"
1,281 Posts
I just installed one in my 05 Summit 159" and flat out, this thing works. Instant power for hill climbing and incredible back shifting while coming down steep hills (actually slows the sled like a brake) and if you need clutch engagement you dont have to rev the rpm's .. its right there, right now.

Dont worry .. be happy!!!

All I want now is a Cudney head and single pipe and a boss seat !!!

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Powerave said:
Rubberduck said:
I'll be interested in your replys. I just ordered the Cudney kit today for my 2006 800x Renegade. I had one in my 2004 800 Renegade and liked it a lot. No loss in top end in my 2004.

You are lucky, because I have been using this kit for 2 years ago and I lost top end speed.
The reason on this problem is the helix with big angle. The engine is too much loaded with this helix. The primary clutch isn't shifting out at WOT.

You could not have all with the clutch kit........ either the acceleration or top end speed
is good.......

Just my 2 cents.....
-Powerave
[snapback]703510[/snapback]​
I never lost any speed but I dropped one tooth on top which lests the clutch fully shift-out

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hilltop said:
I have Bills Kit in my o6 800 x 121 seems to be working GREAT!!
Back shift is good pull real hard

I have seen 114 on the spedo in 32 deg weather and I thought that
was good for how warm it was.

I will be trying this weekend this weekend a little more weight and back
to clicker 3

and racing a F7 and a good running viper

Hilltop
[snapback]704731[/snapback]​
I 've found through testing putting a little more weight in pins helps you shift out
all the way on primary..

·
Registered
281 Posts
REV_X_MAN said:
Powerave said:
Rubberduck said:

is good.......

Just my 2 cents.....
-Powerave
[snapback]703510[/snapback]​
I never lost any speed but I dropped one tooth on top which lests the clutch fully shift-out

[snapback]707106[/snapback]​
I also have bills head and clutch kit in. mine pulls great to 100 then stops. i'm running 2 long 1 short on clicker 3 at around 7900 rpm. It seems quicker with the head on but last year with just the clutch kit in I hit 108 on gps. what will putting a different top gear on help? would 1 tooth bigger make it faster or 1 tooth smaller. belt looks like it's going about 1/8 inch from the top of the primary.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.