Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Highlife says: "UpAndOver Baby!"
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed Cudney Clutch kit in my 05' Summit 159" Track

Went on my first real ride in the mountains and powder and swamps ... tested in all types of terrain.

I love the instant acceleration .. now I know what everyone has been saying about arm pulling/hang on instant engagement. Works great hillclimbing . .. power is there right now when you need it.

Coming down hill .. I love it even more, its like a jake brake on a 18 Wheeler. It slows your decent and if you need some track engagement to manuver it hooks up with slight throttle input.

Here is my question to others .. the only thing I dont like .. is when going slow and trying to manuver in the woods or winding trails the engagement is sticky or jerky and is hard to control at a certain rpm. Have others experienced this or do I need to do some adjusting?

·
Registered
87 Posts
High Life said:

Went on my first real ride in the mountains and powder and swamps ... tested in all types of terrain.

I love the instant acceleration .. now I know what everyone has been saying about arm pulling/hang on instant engagement. Works great hillclimbing . .. power is there right now when you need it.

Coming down hill .. I love it even more, its like a jake brake on a 18 Wheeler. It slows your decent and if you need some track engagement to manuver it hooks up with slight throttle input.

Here is my question to others .. the only thing I dont like .. is when going slow and trying to manuver in the woods or winding trails the engagement is sticky or jerky and is hard to control at a certain rpm. Have others experienced this or do I need to do some adjusting?
[snapback]692422[/snapback]​
there is a good chance that will go away after riding and getting the primary spring to take a seat

·
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sledder22 said:
High Life said:

[snapback]692422[/snapback]​
there is a good chance that will go away after riding and getting the primary spring to take a seat
[snapback]692428[/snapback]​
Ok, thanks for the input .. hopefully that will happen.

·
Dootalk = college student's study time
4,213 Posts
I have renegade, and I also installed a kit from Bill. I thought of the same thing that you thought, it is so nice haveing instant power, and it slows down nice..

Ryan

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
CATEATER_REV said:
I have renegade, and I also installed a kit from Bill. I thought of the same thing that you thought, it is so nice haveing instant power, and it slows down nice..

Ryan
[snapback]692703[/snapback]​
is your renegade studded?>

·
Registered
681 Posts
Unleashes buncha power doesn't it? Loading on trailer is a trick too. With the high engagement it also kept wifey off my sled. Kinda funny watching her roll off the back of the seat every time she touched the throttle.

·
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cudney Racing said:
Just like Sledder 22 said it will take some time but the primary will take a set and be more drivable then at certain speeds. Glad you like the kit. -- Bill
[snapback]692682[/snapback]​
Sweet, an answer right from the horses mouth so to speak!!! Thanks for making a great product. I bought it from Bill at the Sled Shed in Wasilla, Alaska. He has been recommending your kit to folks up here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.