Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was cruzin along with the 91 mach 1, 617cc, my belt broke and the engine died. The belt is jammed in. The pull cord won't move at all. would it be because the clutch wheel may still tight?????

·
Registered
460 Posts
Pictures? I'm guessing is an engine problem, most likely a bad crankshaft bearing that is causing the engine to be locked up.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
859 Posts
While I was cruzin along with the 91 mach 1, 617cc, my belt broke and the engine died. The belt is jammed in. The pull cord won't move at all. would it be because the clutch wheel may still tight?????
If the belt is stuck between the engine and clutch, the engine won't turn over. Sounds like that's your problem. Get all the belt out and it should be free. Pay special attention to the crank seal behind the clutch. I've seen belts take them out when they blow.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yip....that what is was. The broken belt was jammed behind the clutch. Once I dug it all outta there, it started fine. Now I get to force a new belt on there. Oh goody.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Yip....that what is was. The broken belt was jammed behind the clutch. Once I dug it all outta there, it started fine. Now I get to force a new belt on there. Oh goody.
Lift the rear of the sled, put the belt on the primary, start the belt on the secondary, then turn the primary by hand to roll the belt on. Do yourself a favor and spray carb cleaner behind the clutch while it's running to check for air leak. If that seal is damaged, you could burn down the motor.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
460 Posts
Glad that was your problem. Like the other guys said, definitely check your crank seal.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
x2 on removing the clutch. Friend just had one where the cording from the belt were wrapped around. Couldn't see them until she removed the clutch. It put a lot of wear on the seal. She was able to pop the seal out and replace it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts