Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding my 03 600h.o. rev this weeked in temps around 32* , Engine ran good on accelleration and had great power, idled fine but I found that If I was trying to maintain aprox 40 to 50 mph @ 5000-6000 rpm not accellerating that the engine seemed to load up excessivly and it would actually change the exhaust tone after some time and made it sound like it was fouling a plug or someone stuck a cork in the silencer and If you hit the gas it would accellerate fine. I checked the compression and it was ok. Any thoughts on things to check or is this just a symptom of being to rich on a warm day? It just caught me off gaurd because it has never happened before to this extreme on previous warm riding days.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Do your plugs look like they are running rich? Take it for a lake run and hold it about 3/4 throttle for 3-4 miles pull over and look at your plugs. the 600HO is set pig rich and you'll probably find you can jet down a few sizes. It will be better on gas too. The 600HO is terrible on gas. What are you getting for mileage about 10 MPG?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nh600sdi said:
Do your plugs look like they are running rich? Take it for a lake run and hold it about 3/4 throttle for 3-4 miles pull over and look at your plugs. the 600HO is set pig rich and you'll probably find you can jet down a few sizes. It will be better on gas too. The 600HO is terrible on gas. What are you getting for mileage about 10 MPG?
[snapback]688276[/snapback]​
I have never owned a ski-doo that has gotten as poor of milage as this sled. I am lucky to see 10 mpg?? plugs look very rich

·
Doo Pilot
1,962 Posts
Just before doing any jet changes chk the oil pump setting!
Also is the sled stock as far as can or pipe ?
Also better to do a plug chk in colder temps also!
Don't forget to do compression chks also

Just my 2 cents
Rich

·
Doo Pilot
1,962 Posts
600ho,I ask questions to establish a baseline on your sled.
I would not change jets by 2 sizes right away.
I would put new sparkplugs in.
Make sure your oil pump isn't too rich!
If your compression #'s are good great
Then wait for temps you most likely will ride in consistently during the winter and do a plug chop with the new plugs.
Then jet accordingly.
You want to be on the safe side (rich ) than melt down lean at colder temps.

Rich

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.