Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to map out a trip starting from the Sault East bound to Chibougamau, Quebec and back. I was thinking of running up through Chapleau to Timmins and crossing over into Rouyn Noranda, has anyone any advice if this is the best route or should I cross from the South? I’m assuming the trails do connect as I’m waiting for paper maps to arrive to compare.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Trying to map out a trip starting from the Sault East bound to Chibougamau, Quebec and back. I was thinking of running up through Chapleau to Timmins and crossing over into Rouyn Noranda, has anyone any advice if this is the best route or should I cross from the South? I'm assuming the trails do connect as I'm waiting for paper maps to arrive to compare.
Yes-makes the most sense-crossing @ Temiscamingue not good going over bridge-trail @ Kirkland Lake to Rouyn seemless!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Our group has often used New Liskeard as our base for Quebec trips, and either crossed the lake or the bridge at the top of the lake (Notre-Dame-du-Nord). It's a half day trip to Belleterre where we have lunch and get gas, then head north thru Rapide Sept to Val D'Or.

We've also crossed Larder Lake (east of Kirkland Lake) and crossed into Quebec. That would be easier, if you came through Timmins. Just make sure to pick up a trail pass as soon as you enter Quebec.

Great trails everywhere, and good signage. I find the rail trail to Chibougamau (from Lebel-sur-Quevillon) boring. But we love riding western Quebec; you can spend a week riding trails in the area, doing 300-400 km/day, and staying in a different town every night. Or you can spend a few nights at one spot and do different circuits from there.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Looking at the ITGs on both sides of the border TQ93 is yellow to Arntfield & TQ83/93 is green to Rouyn-Noranda. A110Q is yellow west of Larder Lake (red across the lake).

I see this as a good development as during 1 season, 2016, the Quebec side wasn't maintained to Ontario.

I've only done 1 trip involving Quebec, entering @ Notre-Dame-Du-Nord (A107Q/TQ83) & leaving @ La Reine onto the now closed A105Q back in '08.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Our group has often used New Liskeard as our base for Quebec trips, and either crossed the lake or the bridge at the top of the lake (Notre-Dame-du-Nord). It's a half day trip to Belleterre where we have lunch and get gas, then head north thru Rapide Sept to Val D'Or.

We've also crossed Larder Lake (east of Kirkland Lake) and crossed into Quebec. That would be easier, if you came through Timmins. Just make sure to pick up a trail pass as soon as you enter Quebec.

Great trails everywhere, and good signage. I find the rail trail to Chibougamau (from Lebel-sur-Quevillon) boring. But we love riding western Quebec; you can spend a week riding trails in the area, doing 300-400 km/day, and staying in a different town every night. Or you can spend a few nights at one spot and do different circuits from there.
Thanks for the advice, I plan on staying at the Cedar Meadows In Timmins before crossing the Quebec border is it possible to make it to Val-Dor and if so where would you recommend staying that would have good food and bar onsite?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thanks for the advice, I plan on staying at the Cedar Meadows In Timmins before crossing the Quebec border is it possible to make it to Val-Dor and if so where would you recommend staying that would have good food and bar onsite?
Forestel in Val d'Or-great hotel/food/right on trail!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts