Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, at my school we have things called senior projects... its like doing something where you actually go out and learn and not just research, and it has to benifit something, anyways, i want to organize a cross country race around my area (CNY) and stop at a few local bars as check in points, and call a few local shops to donate some prizes, and all the entry fee's go toward a local trail club cause they can always use more funding. i didnt think it would be that difficult like write up a legit waiver saying the usual, if your hurt were not liable, etc etc, and seeing how we cant close the trails its "ride as you would" but i was talking about this to my dad and he says you have to deal with insurance and all that, but i mean, its just like a poker run right? were not trying to close the trails and do this...

any thoughts or ideas how i could do this would be great!

·
Registered
23 Posts
ok, at my school we have things called senior projects... its like doing something where you actually go out and learn and not just research, and it has to benifit something, anyways, i want to organize a cross country race around my area (CNY) and stop at a few local bars as check in points, and call a few local shops to donate some prizes, and all the entry fee's go toward a local trail club cause they can always use more funding. i didnt think it would be that difficult like write up a legit waiver saying the usual, if your hurt were not liable, etc etc, and seeing how we cant close the trails its "ride as you would" but i was talking about this to my dad and he says you have to deal with insurance and all that, but i mean, its just like a poker run right? were not trying to close the trails and do this...

any thoughts or ideas how i could do this would be great!
You could contact Mike Lasky at [email protected] he is the vice president of the race club up here in alaska. he might be able to give you some info

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
That wood be cool I live in CNY and id Run "poker Race" and I don't think it be hard to do just get in tuch whit the clubs who's trails"ud run" and or land owners. Let me know what you come up whit

·
Registered
698 Posts
Contact your local snowmobile club & run the poker run idea by them to see what they have to say, what's the worse they can say besides "no thanks"

I'm organizing a WI cross country race series and trust me when I saw it is A LOT of work & expensive but in the end it will all be worthwhile when the first green flag drops!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
You could run a Poker Run with speacil timed to the second sections of trail, ditch or bush line that would be separate and closed from your normal trail system. Similar to what we run in motorcycle enduros now.

·
Registered
744 Posts
You could run a Poker Run with speacil timed to the second sections of trail, ditch or bush line that would be separate and closed from your normal trail system. Similar to what we run in motorcycle enduros now.
That was my exact suggestion.
Doesn't have to be anything fast, could be a slow technical test.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts