Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
I've been thinking about, and talking a bit about making a 900 ACE into a Freeride for a couple years now.....Earlier this season I had spring ordered a 16' Freeride 800 137" with the 1.75 track and had a chance to rip it around for a couple hundred miles before I sold it... My curiosity was easily satisfied, It was a super fun sled, best out of the box power from an 800 that I have experienced to date... Trail manners were just fine for me too.... Where I ride and live, we have hills, not mountains, and snow depths can vary from a few inches to a few feet at times... What I know now is that I don't need the power of the 800 to meet my offtrail expectations..... I am sure most will say that bigger is always better in the horsepower department, but I am guessing this 900 is going to do just fine.....

I am three years into owning at least one 900, 14', 2x15' and a new 16'... I have had plenty of seat time on them and found the 900 to do exceptionally well in the deeper snow situations.... I buried one once, by my own doing, other than that it went above my expectations for the off trail, and has always been a favorite from the start on the trail..

So, after seeing what the spring order sleds looked like this year, which I think DOO really knocked it out of the park again for some of you, I realized once again that I wanted to build what Doo won't build for me...

I am guessing that there wouldn't be much of a market for a 900 Freeride to begin with from Doo's standpoint, and I would never expect to see a production model, but for me, around these parts, I am thinking that this build is going to end up being one of the funnest I have put together yet.... The 900 XRS was a homerun for me, same with the 900X and the 1200 XRS.....

So, here goes, this is my version of a 900 ACE "FLATLANDER" FREERIDE..................

Not completely done yet, but have made some progress so far...... I will be adding pictures (from my phone probably) and details as I get closer to completion...... hope you like it............

crf

Tire Helmet Automotive tire Sports gear Automotive lighting

Attachments

·
Registered
508 Posts
Looks pretty damn good but I don't think I would've plastered freeride all over it.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Looking sweet Jason

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Completed:

wrap

DS2's

6" shapers

3" Rox riser

bar loop

mountain seat

XM panels

skid plate

Cudney clutching

MBRP header

MBRP exhaust can

To Do List:

track swap, looking for a 1.75", possibly a 2.25"

gearing change

snow flap

chassis reinforcements

ice scratchers

wheels

clutch cover mod

venting

·
Registered
471 Posts
I like your thinking as I think the 900 ACE is a terrific all around motor. I'm confused, what is the base sled you started with ? did you acquire a freeride chasis with a toasted motor?

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
header works great, was running it with a modified BRP stock exhaust for this season with the sled set up as a 900x gade.......

, just got the MBRP can in the mail a couple days ago, so results on that will have to wait unless we get some snow in the next couple weeks......... 11 pound 10 ounce weight savings with the mbrp muffler

1 - 20 of 115 Posts