Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Son and I were making a loop this morning and passed this sled sitting by the road. Hopefully nobody was hurt. Not posting this to bag on anyone. If someone here recognizes it and knows the story post up some details. We saw where most of the parts were but could not tell if this was a head on or not. Really hate to see these kinds of things.

Attachments

·
Banned
59,630 Posts
Not an expert but IMO it doesn't look like head on. Thought for a minute it was a slide off into something but i think exhaust would be bent. Maybe got to close to something and scraped the side against it...

·
Snow Patrol
4,872 Posts
Bars are bent down. I bet it rolled..
I'd agree with that. Lot's of foot action in the snow on the one side also. Probably had to tip it back over. Doesn't look real bad. I wonder if I could pick it up cheap.

·
Banned
59,630 Posts
I'd agree with that. Lot's of foot action in the snow on the one side also. Probably had to tip it back over. Doesn't look real bad. I wonder if I could pick it up cheap.
Agreed....

·
Registered
635 Posts
no signs of hair and blood...that's a good thing.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
My CSI skills.....

Looks to me the sled either flopped and skidded or rolled once maybe....

Look at the spindle on the right side and the A arm...

The spindle is straight up and down and the shock is pushed back against the upper A....

I better it hit or stuck or grabbed into something on the right ski and either high sided or flopped on the right side...

breaking the panel and windy and pushing down the bars....

she's wenched and gonna need some tlc...

Hope the missing rider is ok.... kinda scary.

·
Banned
59,630 Posts
I guess i did miss that the right side wind deflector is gone or shattered

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Looks like the headlight is gone as well.

Not sure if the bars are actually bent or the riser is just pushed back making the normal bend go downward.

Have to look at the crash site to really get an idea. Looks like there is a shadow of a lamp post or something, could he have hit it?

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The shadow is the trail marker (stop sign) for the road crossing. This was a wide open field and could not see any big depressions in the snow where it may have rolled over. There were some tracks in both sides of the ditches along the road as someone was playing in the deep drifts but did not see anything there either. Most of the bits of small broken plastic parts were just right next to the trail.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sleds definitely busted up pretty good. It was pretty new - 2015' I think.

·
Banned
59,630 Posts
Darn. Never like to see stuff like that.

I saw two sleds on side of trail last night. No damage and didn't see anyone around either.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
2 sets of vehicle tracks suggests to me he got a ride out one way or another. Most ambulances have dual wheels on each side of the rear axle but the they don't look like dually tracks.

Also, take a close look at the front bumper. It looks jacked to me. Can also see the pipe just behind that by the panel with all the holes in it.

I'd say the rider tagged something pretty hard.

Hope the rider simply got/needed a ride out by a friend.

·
Stupid Hurts!!!!!!
3,179 Posts
DNR tag on it? Called on a abandoned sled in northern MN a few yrs back

·
Banned
59,630 Posts
Well any news articles on it yet ??

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well any news articles on it yet ??
Nothing in the local news so far so evidently no 911 dispatch. This one will probably fly under the radar.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts