Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Mach 1 back from the dealer today (installed new choke cables, cleaned carbs, etc) and life was good. Went out to my buddy's house and we pulled it into his nice warm shop and installed a DynoPort 3pk ceramic silencer, new ultimax3 belt and shined it up a little. We took it outside to hear the new dynoport and take it for a test ride and we were all loving the power and new sound of the Mach. My friend greg hopped on and unfortunately during his little rip he came head to head with the bottom of a huge concrete culvert and took the trailing arm, ski, spindle, shock, basically the whole right side completely off. My main concern is that he wasnt hurt, but he feels horrible and wants to make it right with me. Instead of ordering a bunch of parts and bending stuff back to try to make it fit, i would like to just find a clean chassis that i can just drop my 700 in and go. Im going to check the parts forum now, but thought i'd drop a line here too as i would seriously like to pick up a chassis this weekend. Minnesota would be ideal for me but i would consider anything at this point. Please let me know what you got. Again, Im glad he wasnt hurt but now i need to drop my 700 into something soon. I guess i might have a bunch of 98 Mach 1 parts for sale now too depends on if i can get ahold of another chassis or not. Thanks.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have a really nice Ski Doo race shop prepped 96 MachZ roller. This is a 136" racing chassis. You could put your Mach 1 suspension and track in it, unchain the front end and you would be good to go. Sled is super clean.

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
MachDream said:
I just got my Mach 1 back from the dealer today (installed new choke cables, cleaned carbs, etc) and life was good. Went out to my buddy's house and we pulled it into his nice warm shop and installed a DynoPort 3pk ceramic silencer, new ultimax3 belt and shined it up a little. We took it outside to hear the new dynoport and take it for a test ride and we were all loving the power and new sound of the Mach. My friend greg hopped on and unfortunately during his little rip he came head to head with the bottom of a huge concrete culvert and took the trailing arm, ski, spindle, shock, basically the whole right side completely off. My main concern is that he wasnt hurt, but he feels horrible and wants to make it right with me. Instead of ordering a bunch of parts and bending stuff back to try to make it fit, i would like to just find a clean chassis that i can just drop my 700 in and go. Im going to check the parts forum now, but thought i'd drop a line here too as i would seriously like to pick up a chassis this weekend. Minnesota would be ideal for me but i would consider anything at this point. Please let me know what you got. Again, Im glad he wasnt hurt but now i need to drop my 700 into something soon. I guess i might have a bunch of 98 Mach 1 parts for sale now too depends on if i can get ahold of another chassis or not. Thanks.
[snapback]722581[/snapback]​
Sorry to hear that, man that sucks. If you find another CK3 to drop your motor into I would hang on to most of your spare parts if you can incase something else happens down the road. When my crank bearings let go at the end of last season on my 98Z I was going to re-do it and pipe it in the summer. In the process of looking for used pipes I came across a deal on a minty piped, ported 99Z so I decided I was better off buying the whole sled rather than just the performance parts and buy myself some "insurance" so to speak incase something similiar happens to me.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry to hear that, man that sucks. If you find another CK3 to drop your motor into I would hang on to most of your spare parts if you can incase something else happens down the road. When my crank bearings let go at the end of last season on my 98Z I was going to re-do it and pipe it in the summer. In the process of looking for used pipes I came across a deal on a minty piped, ported 99Z so I decided I was better off buying the whole sled rather than just the performance parts and buy myself some "insurance" so to speak incase something similiar happens to me.
[snapback]722665[/snapback]​
[/quote]
I hear ya. The sled is super clean/good shape so that is a good idea. Just need another chassis

1 - 10 of 10 Posts