Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve never posted here before but have been reading the new Mach Z threads with interest. I decided to post because I haven’t heard anybody mention this. I’ve been looking at getting a clutch kit as mine comes out of the hole pretty lazy. Opinions seem to vary about the effectiveness of some of the ones out there so I decided to go a different direction and called the Crank Shop. Their web site said they had a clutch kit for the stock sled for $125 and 8-9 hp gain with trail porting (just cyl block no head). When I called today the guy there said their clutch kit pulls out on the best stock setup they could find by about 6-8 sled lengths and stays there. He said the trail port was 10 hp on the dyno and the porting and twin pipes were about 25. Anybody out there tried their stuff on this motor? How is the clutch kit price as I haven’t checked anywhere else yet?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,958 Posts
ZMachman said:
I've never posted here before but have been reading the new Mach Z threads with interest. I decided to post because I haven't heard anybody mention this. I've been looking at getting a clutch kit as mine comes out of the hole pretty lazy. Opinions seem to vary about the effectiveness of some of the ones out there so I decided to go a different direction and called the Crank Shop. Their web site said they had a clutch kit for the stock sled for $125 and 8-9 hp gain with trail porting (just cyl block no head). When I called today the guy there said their clutch kit pulls out on the best stock setup they could find by about 6-8 sled lengths and stays there. He said the trail port was 10 hp on the dyno and the porting and twin pipes were about 25. Anybody out there tried their stuff on this motor? How is the clutch kit price as I haven't checked anywhere else yet?
[snapback]264384[/snapback]​
I think it's too early to buy any of this stuff except clutching. Give it some time and get something that works.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
only difrence beside being a larger bore, is the new mach is a mono block( like old school poo) other than that the porting is close, i see no reason that they cant get this motor close to 200 hp with porting and pips... it's realy to bad this thing isnt a case reed motor!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
823 Posts
The Crank Shop is a very good place, I helped my buddy do his 800, sent out the top end and we put on the Crank Shops Twin pipes, and clutch kit, WOW like a new sled, Now over 3000mi and no problems
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
ZMachman said:
I've never posted here before but have been reading the new Mach Z threads with interest. I decided to post because I haven't heard anybody mention this. I've been looking at getting a clutch kit as mine comes out of the hole pretty lazy. Opinions seem to vary about the effectiveness of some of the ones out there so I decided to go a different direction and called the Crank Shop. Their web site said they had a clutch kit for the stock sled for $125 and 8-9 hp gain with trail porting (just cyl block no head). When I called today the guy there said their clutch kit pulls out on the best stock setup they could find by about 6-8 sled lengths and stays there. He said the trail port was 10 hp on the dyno and the porting and twin pipes were about 25. Anybody out there tried their stuff on this motor? How is the clutch kit price as I haven't checked anywhere else yet?
[snapback]264384[/snapback]​
just installed the Crankshop kit into my o5 z. Heading to Canada Friday, Ill let you know how it performs when I get back. No snow in Cincy just a bunch of saturated slop.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
eviltwin said:
ZMachman said:
I've never posted here before but have been reading the new Mach Z threads with interest. I decided to post because I haven't heard anybody mention this. I've been looking at getting a clutch kit as mine comes out of the hole pretty lazy. Opinions seem to vary about the effectiveness of some of the ones out there so I decided to go a different direction and called the Crank Shop. Their web site said they had a clutch kit for the stock sled for $125 and 8-9 hp gain with trail porting (just cyl block no head). When I called today the guy there said their clutch kit pulls out on the best stock setup they could find by about 6-8 sled lengths and stays there. He said the trail port was 10 hp on the dyno and the porting and twin pipes were about 25. Anybody out there tried their stuff on this motor? How is the clutch kit price as I haven't checked anywhere else yet?
[snapback]264384[/snapback]​
just installed the Crankshop kit into my o5 z. Heading to Canada Friday, Ill let you know how it performs when I get back. No snow in Cincy just a bunch of saturated slop.
[snapback]264979[/snapback]​
WHAT DOES THE CRANKSHOP KIT CONSIST OF?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wasn't really concerned about the other mods as much as info about the clutching. The kit was ramps and pins. they use the stock spring with the clicker on #3 and the stock setup in the driven. He said the test sled was studded, forgot what kind or how many, and it was tested on the ice for 3-4 days temps 18-30 F. The other kits were from around $200 -$300 (US) or so.
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
411 Posts
For my stage one setup I'm just changing the primary spring and going to heavier pins. Running on clicker 2. Cheap too.
With the Team roller and it works even better, you can turn it to clicker 1 and have nice backshifting too. Stronger accelleration yet.

Installing our non decompression plugs and our new domes adds alot, and it's very noticable.

I can see 200 hp with porting and twin pipes no problem like someone else mentioned. It's a strong motor with alot of potential for sure.

Should have the Nitrous on it by the end of next week with the control box.

This sled sure is alot of fun!

I can see that it needs stiffer springs if you plan to trail ride it much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,327 Posts
bikeman said:
For my stage one setup I'm just changing the primary spring and going to heavier pins. Running on clicker 2. Cheap too.
With the Team roller and it works even better, you can turn it to clicker 1 and have nice backshifting too. Stronger accelleration yet.

Installing our non decompression plugs and our new domes adds alot, and it's very noticable.

I can see 200 hp with porting and twin pipes no problem like someone else mentioned. It's a strong motor with alot of potential for sure.

Should have the Nitrous on it by the end of next week with the control box.

This sled sure is alot of fun!

I can see that it needs stiffer springs if you plan to trail ride it much.
[snapback]266283[/snapback]​
Are you "the" Bikeman? If so I read your history and it seems you have been wrenching on sleds for a long time
I see you are tuning one of each brand except for Yam? How does the Poo respond to mods? How durable is the TEAM roller? There was a guy that tried on on a CK3 Mach and it broke in half

Have you tried the oversize rollers on the new Mach yet? I am using them this year on my 01 Mach with an EPI RER secondary spring. With limited testing so far I really like them. Need some cold temps and snow or ice before I can get it on the gun and see how it does.

Cheers,
Evel
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top