Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much time is involved in replacing crank bearings for a 96' skidoo MXZ 583?? I just sold it to a guy and he called back complaining the lower end is now making a god awulful noise....sounds like a crank bearing could be bad.....still runs he say, but tough to turn over.

I was wondering how much time is involved and how much it would cost??

Trying to figure out how much I should refund the guy to help him out......he got the sled at a deal ....just needed to part with it.

Any help would be great! Thanks!

·
Registered
265 Posts
How long/how many miles has he added to it? If he bought it from you and beat the "edit for bad language" out of it, you might not be responsible. Or you could just refund him, fix it and sell it again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know....he took it out on the lake yesterday....it was 45 out......he's only had it a day.....

really don't want it back......have plenty of other headaches to deal with right now

·
Registered
93 Posts
When you sold it did you write a reciept, Alway's make sure you put "as is!" on it. This limits them comming back. The reason who knows what could or will happen after the purchase. At the time you sell it it is in good working order and they sign to this. What happends on their end is their problem. Ie. blow the motor. This is a gamble that people have to take when purchasing items that are used. You might aswell rebuild the motor to replace a bearing. The cost is too much on your part to even say anything about what it could be. Never the less tell the person that they purchased it with nothing wrong at the price they did and what they had done to it after is unknown. Never abmit anything.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I put "as is, as shown". I didn't know it was going to blow.....and feel bad for the guy......I offered him another $200 towards it......cause I feel bad about the situation. But your right, I don't need to do anything.....and I think he knows that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts