Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is no one in the u.p. What's the best in northern-central Wisconsin? Opened up my cases last night and found a corroded/noisy center bearing on my 02

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Going with ncm crank and machine. Very fast turn around and all they do is crankshaft rebuilds.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ncm quoted me $300 for all new main bearings and seals and will be done in one day. This guy is the real deal. Old timer, been doing it his whole career. Very nice guy.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Never heard anything about NCM. $300 is a decent price. I paid a bit more than that with all new metal bearings and a new rod. I recommend checking the phasing and runout before assembling.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just found out his name is Peter nydahl and he is aaen olav's machinist. ????????

·
Registered
19 Posts
You can always try cvtech here in Canada where your dollar out weighs ours could get a good deal and they stock cranks so faster turn around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
676 Posts
Sent it fedex today. Talked with Pete today and he said if it needs all new rods also I'm looking at $600. Ouch. But he is one of the best and I won't be worrying about crank issues for awhile. Sourced out water pump seals and bearings from eBay thanks too this forum for the bearing part #'s. Sk bearings and oem seals. Made a big mistake trying to save a buck on rings. Got parts unlimited rings and when I compared them to oem my heart sank. The ends of the rings that go over the pins were paper thin compared to oem. Should of known better. Owell, chalk it up to a $67 lesson Learned. Biting the bullet tomorrow and ordering oem. I'm already WAY over budget on this thing what's $200 more at this point. I'll have to work a crap ton of overtime this summer to pay this credit card off. Like they say- if you wanna play you gotta pay.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I learned a while ago oem engine parts for the most part are the way to go.. Ordered my carb boots today at $110 each it almost killed me, good thing I punched overtime today and another tomorrow haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts