Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas where I can get something similar to the black diamond plate like in these pics to cover the taper on the bottom of the ramp doors? I want to protect the bottom of the door and the ski guilds don't cover all the way down but don't want to put on edge guides since its already tapered.

Manhole cover Road surface Wood Asphalt Rectangle
Property Building Window Rectangle Wood

·
Premium Member
8,199 Posts
I have the Caliber glides on one trailer and they work well.

I use a 2" PVC on my other trailer and it works too. Only downside to this is you have to store the pipe in the trailer, however, it's not that big a deal.

Don~

·
Registered
154 Posts
That must be a triton trailer. I have a TC167 with that taper on the ramp. I'd just use it as-is. Triton designed the ramp that way so that you would not need the traditional piano hinge "flap".

It works great, carbides don't ever touch the weather stripping. Yes that plastic diamond plate gets scratched, but doesn't appear that it would ever wear through/wear out.

I do use pvc between the ramp and trailer bed when backing up. Ensures the carbides don't get hung up on the ramp guides.

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
Only downside to this is you have to store the pipe in the trailer, however, it's not that big a deal.
How about attaching the pipe to the end of the ramp with 2 pieces of string? The string is just long enough so the pipe falls into place when the ramp is dropped and hangs out of the way when the ramp is up.
If not string then maybe a couple strap hinges?
Rectangle Blade Knife Nickel Metal

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe I was not explaining it correctly. The door is already tapered, I am looking for something like in this picture to just cover the tapered part of the door.

Hood Wood Rectangle Grille Road surface

1 - 8 of 8 Posts