Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone removed the black stoppers before, there is a small bolt and it looks like by taking them out another 1" or so can be gained. Have an 02 mxz700x and dragging on ice, all chisel tooth studs, limiter strap out all the way and front spring down, looking for the most transfer i can get. Right now hole shot is good, in fact sled stays down very well, however looking for a little more. Has anyone tried this, what can i expect? Have run several kitty kat 7s and have beat them all in 660'

·
Registered
45 Posts
mxz700xpac said:
anyone removed the black stoppers before, there is a small bolt and it looks like by taking them out another 1" or so can be gained. Have an 02 mxz700x and dragging on ice, all chisel tooth studs, limiter strap out all the way and front spring down, looking for the most transfer i can get. Right now hole shot is good, in fact sled stays down very well, however looking for a little more. Has anyone tried this, what can i expect? Have run several kitty kat 7s and have beat them all in 660'
[snapback]706390[/snapback]​
No need to remove bolt. Just loosen the nuts up a little and you can flip the back stops up when racing or when you want more transfer and flip them down when you want you skis back on the ground.

By the way it does make a pretty big difference in weight transfer.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
rampage said:
How much do you weigh? I thought about removing the blocks, I've seen several threads on that. You can also remove the rear rubber bumper, trim down that spot on the rail a little, then put the rubber back on. (this sounds like a better idea to me than removind the blocks.)
However, if you weigh enough (I weigh 225 without gear) you can get them to hook up right without removing or modifying the blocks. I think I went 2 holes shorter on the straps, center shock spring cranked up pretty tight, torsion springs set on 2 or 3. The torsion springs seem to be the main thing that effects it. If you're light, you might even want torsion springs set at the lowest setting.
[snapback]706568[/snapback]​
Do you mean 2 holes looser on straps? Tightening them gives less weight transfer and better handling. Loosening them allows the front of the skid to come up and transfer more weight to back of sled.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I weigh 175 w/ gear, i have limiter out all the way and the front spring setting as low as it will go, that seemed to take a fair amount of pressure off the skis. i am hooking up pretty clean with 192 chisels with close to 1/2" of penetration, i can keep the front end down by shifting my weight, when ice gets grooved up just want to make sure i still get the best bite i can. Thanks for the feedback i think i am going to try it.

When does this newbie sign go away?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The x pac chassis seems to handle the adjustments, skis are only coming up 3-4" and i am gone. In marginal ice conditions non x pac chassis hook up better with the VR shock in the rear instead of the Huge rear shock in the x chassis. Thanks 800 x, i may take limiter back up after the trial run without the back coupler blocks, i think i will do a run without any sleds just to be safe..hahahha..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.