Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just bought a 04 440/600 and the guy claims to have just rebuilt the suspension but I think otherwise. I am still trying to figure it out. The front looks good and i understand the red nuts to adjust, but the rear is confusing me. Without anyone on the sled itself the coupler blocks rest on the rear stoppers? im guessing thats already a bad sign. I can pull the bumper up and the sled slowly sinks abit down again to that position. Any suggestions? Ive looked under the suspension threads and still cant figure out if my suspension is good or not. Tonight im going to make a video to help and post it here

·
Registered
151 Posts
Where are your torsion springs set to? The sled is held up by the springs - not the shock per say. The shock controls the compression and rebound rate of motion, but it does also contribute to the ride height.

Try clicking your spring adjuster up one click, and refer to your owners manual for suspension adjustment / set-up.

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
if the rear track shock somehow loses its 300psi of nitrogen,the rear will sag or if the rebuild was not done rite

if the center shock spring preload is maxed out along with a stiff front spring preload and or valving=not much front sag?,,the rear will sag,,,skis and track should be on flat ground

the original 04? torsion springs could be sacked out,,it should hold up on the lightest preload setting=torsion adjusters for rider lbs

·
Registered
6,219 Posts
Springs shot or suspention mounted in the wrong holes?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay thank you, I have my old 03 adrenaline manual but that wont work for this sled that didnt come with one. ill be looking for that adjustment when I get hold when I find it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ill try to ADJUST the torsion spring to a stiffer setting and see if that brings the block back to the center position where im guessing its supposed to always be.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I was thinking the same thing ....sitting on ski/track dollys

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very good point. I will have to confirm It was on the ground prier to looking. Thank you for that tip ! never realized it would have much diffrence

1 - 11 of 11 Posts