Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you guys think of cutting the aluminum rail out some behind the coupler block stop and remountion the rubber stopper. would this inprove the weight transfer? would this affect how the sled works in and on the trails and other stuff?

Thanks

·
Registered
170 Posts
I was thinkin about doin the same thing, you would just have to make sure that you cut the same amount from both sides so the block hits square. I tried flipping my stops over, but the rear arm hits the center idler wheel. If you could just cut enough that it wouldn't hit would be perfect.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I read about this last year and have been thinking about doing it, too. I started flipping my blocks back, and have pretty much been riding like that, with the fat part of the coupling blocks down.

I figure if I moved the stops back a little, that I could always put the fat part of the blocks backward and it should be at least as good as it is now with the fat part down and the stops in the normal position.

havent quite talked myself into doing it yet, though

Eric

XPSII800HO said:
I was thinkin about doin the same thing, you would just have to make sure that you cut the same amount from both sides so the block hits square. I tried flipping my stops over, but the rear arm hits the center idler wheel. If you could just cut enough that it wouldn't hit would be perfect.
[snapback]273214[/snapback]​

·
Registered
315 Posts
If your running the SC-III you can shave off part of the rubber stops to give you more transfer. There is a piece of metal molded in the stop. shave off that on both sides so its even, it will help.
I would make sure to exhaust all other means before doing any cutting on the rails.
Check your front strap also, make sure it isn't set to tight.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I have 04 800x. I just cut about 1/4 inch off of block. No problems and I can pull the front skiis off the ground like crazy. Its great.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Just rigged up mine so I can flip the rear stops outta the way and then put them back when I go riding with mama, best of both worlds. I wouldn't cut your rails and relocate the stops, just flip up the stop and then fiddle around with your coupler block, should be able to do about the same thing as cutting the rail. Flip the stops outta the way and you will have all the transfer you need.

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
I also grinded of 7mm on the back coupler block. Just use a file. Works great and also improves deep snow handling.

·
Crazy Person
5,615 Posts
Yeah I want pictures!

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
It´s really nothing to see, i mean it´s barely noticeable for the eye. Just remove the rubber stopper and grind 7mm of the aluminum and then redrill the bolt for the rubber stopper, narrow part of block back.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts