Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im running a 1200 renegade x and im about to be putting a 1.75" track on the sled and was woundering if i should go up two teeth or will it be fine with the setup it got my other question is im in the market for a can and i was woundering if anyone been running the hindle and how do they like it or is there another can i should be looking at running.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Use the search feature here on the XR section using exhaust or can. There are several topics about this on here.

Cant help ya on the gear.

·
Ukranian Mafia
5,539 Posts
hey guys im running a 1200 renegade x and im about to be putting a 1.75" track on the sled and was woundering if i should go up two teeth or will it be fine with the setup it got my other question is im in the market for a can and i was woundering if anyone been running the hindle and how do they like it or is there another can i should be looking at running.
Leave the gearing as is. It will pull it quite easily. I've gone through a few sets of gears between a 46 and a 49 and even with a longer 146 and 2"+ track I'm still using a 45/46 gear.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Leave the gearing as is. It will pull it quite easily. I've gone through a few sets of gears between a 46 and a 49 and even with a longer 146 and 2"+ track I'm still using a 45/46 gear.
thanks ill keep it the same how did you find the spl can over stock sound and have your heard the mbrp im now leaning more towards one of these cans since i dont have to cut a hole.

·
Ukranian Mafia
5,539 Posts
thanks ill keep it the same how did you find the spl can over stock sound and have your heard the mbrp im now leaning more towards one of these cans since i dont have to cut a hole.
I really liked the tone of the SPI. It was very nice and deep sounding. Not too loud, just right for me. Could easily live with that can all day. It's on my dad's machine right now and he gets a ton of comments on how nice his machine sounds.

I have a Hindle and it's quite a bit louder than his is with no noticeable gain in performance. Both cans seemed to gain some RPM and both were over half the weight of the stock suitcase.

I've never heard the MBRP, but consensus on the board seems to point to it being fairly loud.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really liked the tone of the SPI. It was very nice and deep sounding. Not too loud, just right for me. Could easily live with that can all day. It's on my dad's machine right now and he gets a ton of comments on how nice his machine sounds.

I have a Hindle and it's quite a bit louder than his is with no noticeable gain in performance. Both cans seemed to gain some RPM and both were over half the weight of the stock suitcase.

I've never heard the MBRP, but consensus on the board seems to point to it being fairly loud.
just wounder how did you find the hindle can for fit and installation and what did you use to cover up the hole or did you just leave them open. my other question is do you get sick of the hindle can when your doing long drives

·
Registered
287 Posts
I agree with the above about leaving the gearing as is, I run 1.75 on my Renegade. I have a MBRP can on my sled along with the MBRP header. It is fairly loud but sounds nice. I recommend getting a clutch kit if you don't already have one, I run a Cudney clutch kit.

·
Ukranian Mafia
5,539 Posts
just wounder how did you find the hindle can for fit and installation and what did you use to cover up the hole or did you just leave them open. my other question is do you get sick of the hindle can when your doing long drives
The finish of the Hindle is nice, the fit is so-so. It takes some work to figure out the angles of how to mount the can and the slip on pipe seems to fit the stock header no so nicely. It works, has no leaks, but leaves a bit to be desired, expecially considering the cost..it's a fairly pricey muffler @ $400 CDN. I had the holes open but successfully covered them over with some of my best black duct tape for part of the season. Be making a close off plate this fall for the holes.
I don't get sick of the Hindle can. It isn't too loud when your riding the machine. When I trade with someone else I find it to be considerably louder especially if I'm in deeper snow and have the muffler side pulled out carving a turn.

Other guys here will know more about the MBRP than me..I'm only going by what I've collected from guys out East. Where I am, we don't have the strict noise controls some have.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So guys I'm getting ready too order a clutch kit there now abd I'm looking at running either the cudney kit or dunns. How did u like the cudney clutch 09. And the sled is use mostly 50/50

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
anyone know if the carbon sled parts muffler is gonna be on the market this winter?
i think i saw one on sled-x.com the other dau i might be wrong though

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
anyone know if the carbon sled parts muffler is gonna be on the market this winter?
The last I heard was NO, there will not be a Carbon Fiber can for the 1200. They kept blowing them apart. It only makes since because they have been working on it for about 14 months and have not come up with one yet.

·
Registered
287 Posts
So guys I'm getting ready too order a clutch kit there now abd I'm looking at running either the cudney kit or dunns. How did u like the cudney clutch 09. And the sled is use mostly 50/50
I am happy with the clutch kit, does everything it is supposed to very well. Haven't tried any of the other kits so I can't compare but from the research I did on here and the excellent customer service I got from Bill I chose his kit. I got the whole package from him; MBRP header and can, RB3 programmer, clutch kit, and clutch tower brace.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just wounder if ill still be able too use my reversue on th sled if I change my bottom end gear

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just wounder if ill still be able too use my reversue on th sled if I change my bottom end gear

1 - 18 of 18 Posts