Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
H82LUZ (http://www.dootalk.com/forums/user/99393-h82luz/) has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "county".

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry man. Please do not take this as an insult, but I just cant seem to make it past 7 seconds of the videos you post. Great trails, OK I get it, but there only so much you can do with driving down a trail and playing music. Put the camera on the dash of your truck on the way to the spot to ride instead, go off trail, get stuck, something. I can appreciate what you're doing, all yes their great trails and I'm sure that you had fun. But when you make a video, put yourself in the seat of the audience and ask yourself "Is this going to hold their attention the first 20 seconds?" If you can get them past that AND keep them watching, than you got it made. If you take a look around at A LOT of the videos on this site. Take a look at the video and then take a look at how many views. A video that's exciting and keeps the attention of the audience will be watched multiple time by the same viewer. Music will have a big play in it as well. I'll spend 45 minutes to and hour going throug h tunes to match the speed of the video I'm producing. Not all videos will have the same tempo. Your video would require a lot of cuts and transitions and a difference music selection and then you might be able to keep and audience. I don't post a lot of videos due to I don't always have the time I want to spend the time to put it together the way I want. the one I posted yesterday was put together in 2 hours. I usually spend 12-15 hours. The street extreme video I did with my friend have 600 man hours in it. Again, I'm not trying to insult you in anyway. I've rode the Crown of Maine and it has great trails as a lot of us have. so WE know what it looks like. Make it unique. You would be surprised what you could do with Windows Movie Maker. Good luck Pat

Pat glad you liked the videos! j/k.

But heh no problem, people make videos for different reasons and your opinion is always welcome. I am in no way trying to make movies to entertain people, I'll leave that up to Sled Necks. My videos are more for people to see what destinations have to offer, I am a destinations rider 100% and have traveled all over to ride in different areas from Maine to the UP. And you do know how long it takes to edit a movie and then wait 9hours for it to up load on to you tube. The reason for this last video was because someone had asked that I not edit a video as they wanted to see it start from finish. Music is just so you have something to listen to as the sound of the track going around is louder then the exhaust. :)

Chris

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Fair enough Chris

Reactions: 800R Gade X
1 - 4 of 4 Posts