Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what way you doo guys check toe in/out on the rev chasis. Got the stock ski's.. I use to use a staight edge (angle iron about 8 ft. long) up against the side of the track (Of coarse making sure track is aligned) and measure at certain points on the ski ,front inside then back inside..

The reason I ask is because I am off on both ski's this way and one is worse than the other.. Machine is new about 150 miles on it. haven't hit nothing. Still under Warr. But don't have the time to take it to the dealer and would rather do it myself.. Any info. would be great...

·
Registered
541 Posts
x-man said:
Just wondering what way you doo guys check toe in/out on the rev chasis. Got the stock ski's.. I use to use a staight edge (angle iron about 8 ft. long) up against the side of the track (Of coarse making sure track is aligned) and measure at certain points on the ski ,front inside then back inside..

The reason I ask is because I am off on both ski's this way and one is worse than the other.. Machine is new about 150 miles on it. haven't hit nothing. Still under Warr. But don't have the time to take it to the dealer and would rather do it myself.. Any info. would be great...
[snapback]290820[/snapback]​
nothing wrong with your method ...but ski's are always toed OUT not in. i always put a bungee cord from ski loop to skiloop to hold the skis together as has been recomended in the sled magazines, but you should'nt require that with a brand new sled. you gotta keep in mind that the dealers get something like $150.00 to prep each sled they sell so some dealers don't spend much time doing a proper set-up on them and some hire a bum boy to put them together out of the crate. you've done it before....do it now and you'll be sure where your alignment is at becuse you did it yourself. it's not unusual for both skis to be different at times and it dose'nt take much to knock out the alignment.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
I usually put mine on a lift, get the ski's up, and measure from carbide to carbide, front and rear, shooting for +1/8-1/4 on the runners. I do bungee the tips, but not real tight, just to get the slack out. Works for me, doesn't seen to be hampered by scrub with the weight on the skis.

Straight edge on the track is nice if you have to align the bars, too. But my adjustments are usually so slight, won't impact bar alignment noticeably. I do fine carbide measures to be much more accurate than ski bodies, of course.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts