Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the stupid question but my owner's manual and service manual are both miles away. I recently did a ring job and had to break the sled in all over agian which included running a pint of oil in the gas tank. I cleaned the exhaust valves and I wanted to put a fresh set of plugs in. When I went to a local dealer they gave me BR9ECS-5 plugs. I could swear my manuals call for just the regular BR9ECS. The guy at the parts counter was sure they were the right plugs for my sled. He said the 5 stood for the gap which was considerably tighter than the regular ones, he said they get them right from BRP and that they clearly state for SDI only. I'm a little confused because they don't make a 800 HO SDI, they make a 800 SDI but it's an older engine that was in a touring sled. I'm pretty sure he's thinking of the 600s. The only thing I could think of is if they came out with the two different versions after my manuals were published but I would think there would've been a service bulletin to let owners know that they were now recommending a diff plug or at least a little tid-bit in Sno-Tech's Service Notes or something. So my question is which plug is right, have I been running the wrong plugs all this time???

·
Registered
10,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, I shoud mention that the sled currently had the regular BR9ECS plugs that I think my manuals call for. And that the dealer said the 5s were for all other sleds and the regular ones were for SDI only.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Gap the reg ecs at 18-20. Or run the ecs 5's. I have eya's in mine now gapped at 20 and it picked up about 100 rpm with eya's

1 - 4 of 4 Posts