Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother in law bought a new Skandic WT/600 ACE this fall and recently the cooling fan which normally cuts in for several seconds after shutting down with the conclusion of a run has stopped working. Has anyone else experienced this ? Could it be a fuse or relay? Thank you in advance for any replies/help.

·
Super Moderator
2,665 Posts
Yep, fuse. Just replaced one today. What happens is snow builds up in the nose, and occasionally enough ice and snow gets around a fan blade preventing it from turning when the fan comes on. So the fuse blows.. I think that's why BRP made the fan kick on at shut-down, so it usually clears any blockage..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yep, fuse. Just replaced one today. What happens is snow builds up in the nose, and occasionally enough ice and snow gets around a fan blade preventing it from turning when the fan comes on. So the fuse blows.. I think that's why BRP made the fan kick on at shut-down, so it usually clears any blockage..
Yep, my wife's 2013 600 ACE has blown the 15A fuse several times. I hadn't heard about the blockage issue. I'll be keeping an eye on this one. On a similar note, here temp gauge never goes past the midway point, never, not even when the fan is not working. Seems like it should run a little hotter without the fan working.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Finally working mine hard enough to heat up ! Took the angle iron drag out today 35 degrees F out. Last week was pushing through 15" of dry powder and must have blown the fuse for the fan. Any uphilll or if I was digging too much, the temp warning light would come on and beep at me. Took the front hood off, picked up the drag a notch, and kept my speed up. Got home and replaced the fuse. Think I'll keep a few in the rig now.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Any chance this is the same fuse for the heated grips? Mine has blown twice since I have owned my 2013 GT Sport 600 ACE.
I think I have only heard my fan run once since I have owned it.

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
Being this thread is brought back to life i got the same issue with my 14' 600 ace, can't say i heard the fan come on all winter, changed the fuse and relay, still nothing, haven't really dug into the wiring,....it's not running hot..one bar sometimes 2....

·
Registered
181 Posts
last winter i blew 3 in a row. i put in a 20A. it hasn't blown since.

my 600 ace wt 2014 fan starts at first initial startup of the machine. then when i shut it down when it has 4 bars it start for about 10-15 sec to clear any snow.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
So what all is affected when the fuse blows? I blew mine just by using my multimeter. Now I carry a spare 20 and a 30 amp.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
If you have it in the heat (garage) then move it out by the door before the fan has a chance to kick in, there seems to be a puddle of water that freezes and keeps the fan from spinning. Thus blowing the fuse.
I went trapping Sunday, got back put sled in garage, went out that night and with the compressor hose I blew air in around the fan, there is a crazy amount of water that melts and puddles there.
Not a big deal if u leave the heat and drive cause the fan will kick in before it can freeze but if you throw her out by the door for the night it will freeze solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts