Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Boondocking Connoisseur
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a long day of riding on Saturday, loaded up the sled ('09 Summit 800R 154) in the back of the truck to drive back to my house from my friend's place. Let it sit in there for 4ish hours, then pulled it out and parked in my barn. Went out last night to find a large puddle of coolant under my sled.

Not coming from the block or thermostat, not the coolant overflow, but seems to be coming from the engine compartment as it is coming from above the skid plate.

Filled up the coolant reservoir, ran the sled a bit on the stand, then let it sit for a few hours with a large piece of cardboard underneath. No leaks.

Any common failures I should look for or any thoughts on this? The only time I've lost coolant in the past is out the overflow when it's upside down.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
In 09 they had some oetiker clamp issues on the coolant hoses. They didn't get them tight enough at the factory. When the sled cooled down they would leak. I'm surprised you are just now seeing that. It wasn't on all sleds and most guys just put standard clamps on.

·
Boondocking Connoisseur
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I'll follow the hoses and check the clamps

Reactions: SGFlash

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had an 09 Renegade that did it all the time. It would even happen just trailering it. Stopped filling the coolent bottle to fill line always and it stopped. That was the advice I got from my current dealer. They said as long as there is coolant in it your fine. I also changed the clamps that leaked.

·
Boondocking Connoisseur
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The whole system seems to retain pressure as when I take off the cap it burps back into the bottle. I'm going to ride it around, heat it up good, park it and see if I have this problem again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts