Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to Cooke City next week. I'm a total newbie at this whole sled thing. But I've gathered enough to realize that clutching and altitude are important. What elevation is Cooke City Montana at and what should I have my clutch set at?? I have and 06 summit adrenaline 800 HO PTEK with a 144"

My riding stlye.........Rookie, greenhorn, pussy!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
04renegade600ho said:
Get specs from your dealer for 8000+ ft.

Have fun!
[snapback]704120[/snapback]​
I found specs on this topic. Says clicker should be on #4 for 8000-10,000 feet does this sound right??

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
JimmyJazz said:
[snapback]704108[/snapback]​
With that being said, just ride! You've got more sled then you'll know what to doo with right there!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ttabs said:
JimmyJazz said:
[snapback]704108[/snapback]​
With that being said, just ride! You've got more sled then you'll know what to doo with right there!!!

[snapback]704186[/snapback]​
Very true!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Back when i was 2 i just rode my kitty cat and didnt care what happened. funny.....i think that is why i wrecked my sled. oh well....im a rev man now!!!!!! ummmm......hope u are ridin with someone who knows the area up here. and make sure to have ur becon. no matter how much they are.....i wouldnt put a price on my life.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1rev...2rev...3rev... said:
Back when i was 2 i just rode my kitty cat and didnt care what happened. funny.....i think that is why i wrecked my sled. oh well....im a rev man now!!!!!! ummmm......hope u are ridin with someone who knows the area up here. and make sure to have ur becon. no matter how much they are.....i wouldnt put a price on my life.

[snapback]704231[/snapback]​
Yep going with expeienced guys. A beacon, shovel, probe and a healthy respect for the possible dangers, thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JimmyJazz said:
1rev...2rev...3rev... said:

[snapback]704231[/snapback]​
Yep going with expeienced guys. A beacon, shovel, probe and a healthy respect for the possible dangers, thanks.
[snapback]704244[/snapback]​
experienced

·
Registered
116 Posts
Jimmy, Spent 15 days in Cooke this January. I was riding my O5 summit 144" with too many mods to mention. I rode with a guy that had the same sled. Only stock. He went everywhere I went. Plus he was sixty years old. Talk about a good rider.
Point is- Ride what you bring have fun. Hollow pins and clicker 3 or 4 should help too! View attachment 46860

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BOON-DOG said:
Jimmy, Spent 15 days in Cooke this January. I was riding my O5 summit 144" with too many mods to mention. I rode with a guy that had the same sled. Only stock. He went everywhere I went. Plus he was sixty years old. Talk about a good rider.
Point is- Ride what you bring have fun. Hollow pins and clicker 3 or 4 should help too! View attachment 46860
[snapback]704271[/snapback]​
That's awesome thanks a million Boon-Dog.

·
Registered
630 Posts
This site will tell you all what you need. High Alt specs They have over 100 inches of snow there so it should be awesome. Some people are trying to talk me into going this weekend but I am headed to West Yellowstone next weekend. If you want to check conditions and stuff check out Sinclair site under daily pictures or Cooke city snowmobiling. .

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
skidoo_guy said:
This site will tell you all what you need. High Alt specs They have over 100 inches of snow there so it should be awesome. Some people are trying to talk me into going this weekend but I am headed to West Yellowstone next weekend. If you want to check conditions and stuff check out Sinclair site under daily pictures or Cooke city snowmobiling. .
[snapback]704973[/snapback]​
Huge help!! Thanks ski-doo guy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts