Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 X SDI and I was going to spring order a 07 Renegade. Due to BRP giving us the sandpaper job I am considering converting to a 136. Does anyone have a rough idea as to how much the parts cost, and what do I need?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks PCBREV. I just read through your thread. Was it a lot of work? I am deciding between doing this project on a 2005 600 X SDI with 1000 miles, Dynoport can, 144 woody picks, and clutched by Bickford Racing (NH) and lots of cosmetics, or buying a 07 MXZ X-RS 600..

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I didn't think it was too bad, fun project, but I took my time.

Cost wise I think you'll be surprised how cheap it is.

Your track is worth $200+ depending on condition, I sold all my old stuff here on DooTalk.

I also had a very reliable sled and I didn't want to spen $5000 to upgrade and it worked out great for me.

Good luck and keep us posted. I'm in Southern Maine, work in Portsmouth NH if there is anything you need.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Hay paul, I did my 05SS and used tracks usa's kit. They do have a kit right now with the 1.25x136x15 pedator track for just under 500 . Call bruce they will work with you with everything you need (except hyfax's) for the switch. Im not sure if he takes used tracks , but he bought my new one off mine and it cost me just over 300 when said in done ready for the snow, including 136hyfax and new top gear which i bought at the dealer.

Im working on doing the wife's sled as soon as i get the spare cash. Its well worth the switch and a easy upgrade vs shelling out 8-9k .

good luck with the project. rick

P.S www.tracksusa.com

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PCBrev800 said:
I didn't think it was too bad, fun project, but I took my time.

Cost wise I think you'll be surprised how cheap it is.

Your track is worth $200+ depending on condition, I sold all my old stuff here on DooTalk.

I also had a very reliable sled and I didn't want to spen $5000 to upgrade and it worked out great for me.

Good luck and keep us posted. I'm in Southern Maine, work in Portsmouth NH if there is anything you need.
[snapback]751065[/snapback]​
Thanks. I just finished filling out a ticket to the wonderful town of Farmington ME from this past week. Coming back from Rangelely. Apparently I was speeding. I will be in touch. I am going to start the project early summer. My track only has 1000 ME/NH miles with 144 Woody's (put in at 400 miles).

Are there any things I need to watch for? How do I extend the tunnel?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.