Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
2941 - 2960 of 3000 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,495 Posts
So today it's the PO again. I'm expecting a package, when I checked this morning things were looking good. Normally when it leaves Rochester it makes the 2 hour trip over and I get it that day. Apparently not today. Someone must be having a rough trip - it's still not here.

September 8, 2021, 12:17 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
NORTHWEST ROCHESTER NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Your item departed our USPS facility in NORTHWEST ROCHESTER NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER on September 8, 2021 at 12:17 am.
The item is currently in transit to the destination.

·
Super Moderator
29,495 Posts
Good to hear that some people still value a handshake.

Glad you got the vehicle you wanted.

Don~
Just a follow up on this one, we still don't have the car yet, but it's all good. The dealer went on a 2 week vacation and asked if we were good with waiting - sure, we're in no hurry, need a deposit? No he says, you're good, you say you want it it's yours. He's back from vacation today and called this morning. It's ready, but he knows we haven't driven it yet. He said stop over and take it for a few days to make sure we like it, if we do we'll do some paperwork, if not just bring it back, no worries either way.

The complaint part of this post (keeping within the rules :p ) is a buddy of mine owns a Ford dealership but he is stepping back and working towards retirement, the new generation just isn't the same. That said we've kind of been dealer shopping too. If this current deal keeps on the path it's going we may have found a new dealer.

·
doughnut boy
13,678 Posts
My complaint is my Amazon order was shipped USPS… I was tracking it and it says delivery was attempted.. now on hold a post office.. will they said it was attempted at 638 pm tonight.. both me and wife are here outside and seen nobody attempting to deliver a package ..

Sent from the bakery using Tapatalk

·
Registered
428 Posts
My complaint is my Amazon order was shipped USPS… I was tracking it and it says delivery was attempted.. now on hold a post office.. will they said it was attempted at 638 pm tonight.. both me and wife are here outside and seen nobody attempting to deliver a package ..
I love the Amazon deliveries when you get the "You Amazon package has been delivered" email BEFORE the driver even shows up at your house with the package!

Trying to give the USPS driver the benefit of the doubt, but the driver is probably incentivized by OTD (on time delivery). If the driver knows they may not make it to your residence by the required time, he/she may perform a "delivery attempt" and not get dinged on some sort of AMZN scorecard. This being done irregardless if a delivery attempt was even made.

·
doughnut boy
13,678 Posts
I love the Amazon deliveries when you get the "You Amazon package has been delivered" email BEFORE the driver even shows up at your house with the package!

Trying to give the USPS driver the benefit of the doubt, but the driver is probably incentivized by OTD (on time delivery). If the driver knows they may not make it to your residence by the required time, he/she may perform a "delivery attempt" and not get dinged on some sort of AMZN scorecard. This being done irregardless if a delivery attempt was even made.
Yeah funny thing is I got home at 4 today Amazon guy showed up just as I got out of the work van delivered a package… funny thing was it wasn’t mine.. I handed it back .. then he handed me the right one..

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I have a PO box at the Post Office, have included instructions and hours for Amazon. They still attempt after hour and holiday deliveries.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Yeah funny thing is I got home at 4 today Amazon guy showed up just as I got out of the work van delivered a package… funny thing was it wasn’t mine.. I handed it back .. then he handed me the right one..

Luck your neighbor didn't get your package instead.

·
Super Moderator
29,495 Posts
So today's tracking says...

September 8, 2021, 7:10 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility
NORTHWEST ROCHESTER NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Your item departed our USPS facility in NORTHWEST ROCHESTER NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER on September 8, 2021 at 7:10 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Poor thing seems to be having a hard time getting out of Rochester.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
sure buy a led motion light for the driveway they said
it will last a long time they said
it will use less energy
well, bulb went out, up on the ladder and whatya know, non replace able bulb, I mean wtf, went to the depot, got a new old school style fixture that takes bulbs, and bought two bulbs that I can replace should they die............

·
E-Tec Rules
33,869 Posts
sure buy a led motion light for the driveway they said
it will last a long time they said
it will use less energy
well, bulb went out, up on the ladder and whatya know, non replace able bulb, I mean wtf, went to the depot, got a new old school style fixture that takes bulbs, and bought two bulbs that I can replace should they die............
They have led bulbs that are great. Last long time. Then they have cheap ones that don’t last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DOOtym

·
Super Moderator
29,495 Posts
Our LED motion light still lights up, but the motion part is messed up so it's just a strobe light now.

I need a lift to change that one so I just shut it off. Good thing we put a switch on all our outside lights.

·
Super Moderator
29,495 Posts
Just a follow up on this one, we still don't have the car yet, but it's all good. The dealer went on a 2 week vacation and asked if we were good with waiting - sure, we're in no hurry, need a deposit? No he says, you're good, you say you want it it's yours. He's back from vacation today and called this morning. It's ready, but he knows we haven't driven it yet. He said stop over and take it for a few days to make sure we like it, if we do we'll do some paperwork, if not just bring it back, no worries either way.

The complaint part of this post (keeping within the rules :p ) is a buddy of mine owns a Ford dealership but he is stepping back and working towards retirement, the new generation just isn't the same. That said we've kind of been dealer shopping too. If this current deal keeps on the path it's going we may have found a new dealer.
Final update - done deal, could not have gone any better! Yes, there still are a few places you can do business on a handshake.

The complaint part is it rained today (shocker) so the Explorer got dirty on the way home.

·
Super Moderator
29,495 Posts
Today it's UPS "customer service". Yesterday I tried to sign into my "My UPS" account so I could track a delivery. That account is registered to my old work email, which I no longer have. No worries, I'll change it - nope, we can only do that through the old email, which I no longer have. No problem, call tech support - hahaha, good joke.

45 minutes on hold, bounced around from person to person, all the sudden it cuts out and I'm asked to take a survey on how good they did. Wrong answer.

First complaint - don't make me talk to a machine for 5 minutes before I can get a person.

The biggest complaint - can we PLEASE get customer service people who I can actually understand??? I appreciate them trying, but the language difference between cultures just adds to the aggravation of the entire deal.

So after a wasted 45 minutes, absolutely NOTHING has changed from before the first call, and I just cant find the energy to try fighting them anytime soon.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
My Complaint----ANTI-SEIZE

All I have to do is look at it, and I get it all over myself.

Don~
Probably good for those stiff achy joints.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Keeping Skioutty on his toes...
2017 Ski doo Renegade 900...2022 Polaris Indy 137 XC 650
32,120 Posts
Today it's UPS "customer service". Yesterday I tried to sign into my "My UPS" account so I could track a delivery. That account is registered to my old work email, which I no longer have. No worries, I'll change it - nope, we can only do that through the old email, which I no longer have. No problem, call tech support - hahaha, good joke.

45 minutes on hold, bounced around from person to person, all the sudden it cuts out and I'm asked to take a survey on how good they did. Wrong answer.

First complaint - don't make me talk to a machine for 5 minutes before I can get a person.

The biggest complaint - can we PLEASE get customer service people who I can actually understand??? I appreciate them trying, but the language difference between cultures just adds to the aggravation of the entire deal.

So after a wasted 45 minutes, absolutely NOTHING has changed from before the first call, and I just cant find the energy to try fighting them anytime soon.
Why don't you just start a new UPS account with your new email?...

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Are you discriminating about my advanced years ? If so, then I want to complain.

Don~
Merely wondering if you discovered something I hadn't tried yet.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Go Fast or Go Home
2941 - 2960 of 3000 Posts