Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I found a 2017 1200 Renegade X, low miles at a dealer. Sled seems clean enough but I am curious (worried) about these Renegade x decals on the panels.

Why is the orange so different than the panel orange?

Some say they are G4 850 stickers.

If that's true, what would it mean?

Why is the orange on the panels so different than the orange of the seat, the rails or the small piece up front under the windshield? Intentional? They can't color match different materials? Or have panels been replaced?

Dealer claims this machine was a BRP demo sled that they have picked up at an annual auction for dealers only. VIN # ends with 000024. So early production model?

Sales guys will get back to me with full VIN history look up on Monday.

The sled has had the Remote coupler block adjuster system installed, but is now removed.

There is no indication of a trail permit having ever been applied, but there is 1700km (1020miles) on the odo. I forgot to check hours.

Top recorded speed is 179km/h (110mph).

So I dunno. If the stickers are legit I guess I can buy with confidence.

My spider sense is tingling on this one, but maybe I'm just old, grumpy and paranoid. Just buy it ride and enjoy?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
The plastic and powder coat colours don't match when they put them side by side like that. Lava red is the same on mine. Only difference on mine is there are black parts between my accent pieces which hides it a little better.

Reactions: mcZEd38

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The plastic and powder coat colours don't match when they put them side by side like that. Lava red is the same on mine. Only difference on mine is there are black parts between my accent pieces which hides it a little better.
Yeah I guess my OCD is taking over. The sales guy showed me a newer sled with kinda the same orange issue. They wrapped it in flat black. On the new frame it looked on point. He says there is a place right around the corner that does it. I'm gonna call on Monday and see if they can match the powder coat orange, with some black and white highlights or some something.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
My powder coater did a good job matching the factory powder coat with the aluminum piece I made for on the back of the tunnel. Luckily the only plastic lava red is on my belly pan and ski tips and doesn't really give you the ability to compare side by side.

·
Super Moderator
17,986 Posts
First, the sticker colors never match the plastic exactly. That's normal. Secondly, just judging by the powdery look of the upper a-arms, (common to doo when stored outside) the sled has spent a significant time sitting outside in the weather. Could be the sun faded the orange plastics if that was the case.

If it's in good shape, you like it, and dealer backs it up. Clean her up and enjoy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts