Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Fanny
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the BRAND Snow Phones would work with the brand Chatter Box?

I know if you all have SNow Phone you can all pick a channel and talk. I dont know if CHatter Box is the same way.

SO I was wondering if 2 people had snow phones and 2 people had chatter box......... Would they would for a group of 4 to go out and be able to communicate with everyone?!

·
planes take off against the wind
15,035 Posts
Dont know for sure but most 900 MHz band radios are exclusive to specific bands and do not interchange. There are some common carrier frequencies (kind of like CB radios) that they can be tuned to but the chatter box and collett do not reach that frequency.

·
lay the smack down
2,961 Posts
funny this topic comes up today.....

we were just talking about these during a stop on last nights outting..

Which ones are better? We are looking at the Collett ones, platinum 900's i think they are called, they also have something called a sno-fone? same thing but no inputs for cell phone/mp3 player/or passenger..

are the Chatterbox ones better because of the frequency?

sorry to hi-jack the thread.....

TTT!!

·
15,035 Posts
Your from there and dont own a collett?

I like them for the groomer warning beacons... No one else has that.

·
15,035 Posts
mr_heritage said:
zdooman said:
Your from there and dont own a collett?

I like them for the groomer warning beacons... No one else has that.
[snapback]694807[/snapback]​
no kidding i just found out they were in Winnipeg when i searched for it...
[snapback]694848[/snapback]​
too funny, I like them. They work well. The groomer feature has saved me a couple of times.... I keep pitching to them they should offer a reciever for the beacon as my buddies LIKE the quiet (read no wives yelling at them) but would like to know when the groomers are near.

G

·
yeller said:
Funny thing is I was just looking into the snofones as well. Would like to know if they are any good.
[snapback]696057[/snapback]​
Dont know about the Snofones? But have the Platt. 900, we like them... Good for warning of on coming sleds and GOOMERS!!! My wife and i have them and we use them every trip, so i can warn of up coming stuff... It makes riding for her much safer! I would buy them again if I had it all over to do again... Keep the battery in a warm pocket and they should last all day...... The Mic becomes a little a pain in the A$$ but you get used to it...

·
Fanny
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Two of our friends have the snophones. They like them seem to work really good.
Robin tried it the one day and was also liking them. I laugh watching them make the big noise to activate them first.
Wish I had one:(

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Just got back from a 4 day trip. 4 guys had the SNO FOnes from Collette. Max range was about a mile in the open and a half mile in the woods. The groomer beacon is nice. If you ride fairly close together they are a good way to go. If you ride spread out and need max didtance then a pair of Motorolla radios with throat mics are the best. You can get 1 to two miles in the woods with these.

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
Lakelandsledder said:
Just got back from a 4 day trip. 4 guys had the SNO FOnes from Collette. Max range was about a mile in the open and a half mile in the woods. The groomer beacon is nice. If you ride fairly close together they are a good way to go. If you ride spread out and need max didtance then a pair of Motorolla radios with throat mics are the best. You can get 1 to two miles in the woods with these.
[snapback]696510[/snapback]​
No groomers here....wonder if it has a dog sled beacon??

·
15,035 Posts
MamaSled said:
Lakelandsledder said:
[snapback]696510[/snapback]​
No groomers here....wonder if it has a dog sled beacon??

[snapback]696536[/snapback]​
CBC newflash:

Following the recent rash of snowmobile / dog sled accidents new legislation was introduced in Ottawa today to protect the dogs from irresponsible snowmobile drivers. This new legislation is aimed to protect the dogs by alerting them to the presence of snowmobiliers. This mandate will require all snowmobiles to install a dog sled warning beacon in thier machines. This beacon will have the ability to notify dogs within 2 miles of the presence of an irresponsible snowmobile so evasive action can be taken. A new tax has been proposed to pay for the cost of outfitting the dogs with recieving headsets while sled owners will have to outfit the sleds at thier own cost. Bylaws have been issued shoot to kill orders if any snowmobilier is found to not have the appropriate equirment, labels or documentation. The national dog sledder association has been lobbying heavily for this legislation after 2 dogs had thier paws ran over by errant sledders in seperate incidences in Vancouver, BC and Nanavut. Cries of outrage proceeded with protests steming from coast to coast.
Doctors have gotten involved by offering, at national medical policy expense, to install embedded transmitters in snowmobiliers themselves and recievers inside the dogs brains. This method while not only improving the range of the reception allows for governmental regulation through the use of radio transmissions via the Siruis satelite. The only current obsticle remaining is communications office approval to allow Sirius transmissions inside of Canada. Dog sled owners have been estatic over this new proposal and have been heard saying they are glad the lakes will be safe again...

·
Fanny
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Im thinking if you just whipped that up you may want to consider a career in journalism.

·
15,035 Posts
*FAN~GIRL* said:
Im thinking if you just whipped that up you may want to consider a career in journalism.

[snapback]696580[/snapback]​
i get fits of good humor... not many, but once in a while...

(that was not one of them by the way)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.