Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'll admit it, I'm vain and slightly OCD when it comes to my sleds. There I said it. Now that that's out of the way, has anyone figured out how to tell what the color of the next Mn stickers will be? I bought a new to me sled and need to register it. Not crazy about the current color, any way to know what the upcoming color will be? Do they have a rotation of some type? Anybody work for the DNR licensing office?!

Thanks!

·
Scuttle Buttin' Solo
73,645 Posts
I don't know about for there.... but for here rumor has it based on the way things are going they do not want to offend so it's leaning towards a rainbow of colors..... whether in the configuration of a flag is still the unknown...

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Seriously?

·
Registered
22,219 Posts

·
Registered
3,378 Posts

·
Registered
22,219 Posts
That would make way more sense!

Sent from my old SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, it's the off-season. At least I elicited some kind of response! In my own defense many of us spend money customizing our sleds buying all manner of colored accessories to make our sleds our own and to make them look better (I personally don't like all the colored stuff). We buy custom made registration numbers so they match our sleds graphics, so if you had the chance to avoid having a big ol ugly zit on the end of your nose wouldn't you do it?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hey, it's the off-season. At least I elicited some kind of response! In my own defense many of us spend money customizing our sleds buying all manner of colored accessories to make our sleds our own and to make them look better (I personally don't like all the colored stuff). We buy custom made registration numbers so they match our sleds graphics, so if you had the chance to avoid having a big ol ugly zit on the end of your nose wouldn't you do it?
Now that's LAUGHABLE LOL LOL LOL

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
won't know the color till this fall but I can tell you one thing, trim all the unnecessary stuff off that sticker and the end result is much more tolerable

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
won't know the color till this fall but I can tell you one thing, trim all the unnecessary stuff off that sticker and the end result is much more tolerable
Agreed, I always trim off as much as possible. License place said they get a new color in the fall and start using it and had no idea what they'd get. I figured what the heck maybe someone knew?

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't like putting that zit on my sled any more than the next guy but it is what it is ..you sometimes get a a match, usually not but why worry about stuff you have no control over
Well you see I kinda do. I can go with the color they're using right now (livable) or I can wait for the next color this fall. If I KNEW what it was going to be the decision would be easy. I realize this is a first world problem (it's really not a problem at all) but if someone has an answer it couldn't hurt to ask.

·
Scuttle Buttin' Solo
73,645 Posts
Well you see I kinda do. I can go with the color they're using right now (livable) or I can wait for the next color this fall. If I KNEW what it was going to be the decision would be easy. I realize this is a first world problem (it's really not a problem at all) but if someone has an answer it couldn't hurt to ask.
Let me understand this right......... your plan is to change the color scheme of your sled every year based on the color of the sticker your state gives out just so everything matches an the sticker won't clash......

Here's an idea that just may help....... look at last years color, and don't go with that as I think it would be pretty rare for them to use the same color two years in a row....

Hope that was some help...

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Let me understand this right......... your plan is to change the color scheme of your sled every year based on the color of the sticker your state gives out just so everything matches an the sticker won't clash......

Here's an idea that just may help....... look at last years color, and don't go with that as I think it would be pretty rare for them to use the same color two years in a row....

Hope that was some help...
Hey, now there's an idea ???? buy a wrap every year! Brilliant!

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, in case anyone is interested they will be printing blue registration stickers in Mn until sometime this summer or fall. Then they will be switching over to an orange color.

·
Scuttle Buttin' Solo
73,645 Posts
:righton awesome :righton

·
Registered
294 Posts
I know others are laughing a little at your dilemma, but I agree the MN stickers look like a bit zit. Could always be worse if we were forced to put them up on the windshield. Like you mentioned in other posts definitely do trim them down. I've cut mine down a lot and have never been questioned.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts