Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
www.sportechinc.com had covers.

or you can get colored bulbs co your light is a different color, not just the lens.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
The black ones refelct to much heat and melt your lens $$$$

·
Ski-Dooer
2,288 Posts
I ordered PIAA bulbs. they shine a light yellow and they're great for driving at night, I can see a way better than the white ones.

but if your just going for looks get lens covers. stay away from the darker ones, like TheDuke said, they reflect too much heat and melt the lens.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Theres alot of rules against them so make sure you check that first...

I saw a guy at the races last week use velcro. I think thats what i'm gonna doo. It will look good on the race track, and if they r illegal on the trails then i can take them off.

·
The 2nd most interesting man in the world
2,936 Posts
You can buy spot light gells and cut to fit your light . You can find them at music stores that sell stage lighting. Every color in the rainbow. Any coloring of lights is illegal in some states , Michigan is one of them and I believe New York also . Check your local laws or tree police.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I used to have a red cover on my CK and while getting gas in Munising a guy came out of the store and starts cussing me because he passed me the day before and saw the red light and had to slow down. I just laughed at him and made him that much hotter. I thought it was pretty funny, he had to slow down,
Doo2

·
Registered
261 Posts
Yeah I put yellow ones on my sled. I went to the dollar store, bought a couple transparent yellow colored plastic pages, cut them to fit then used about 8 circular velcro patches and stuck them on the lights. They are very easy to take off if wanted and looks just as good as the $30 ones.

Total price of my light covers......$3.00

I'll post a pic soon so you can all see.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Q. What color lights are supposed to be red?
A. Tail lights.
Q. What will be the result of someone mistaking a headlight for a tail light?
A. Head on colision.

For your own safety don't run a red cover at night, it's just plain stupidity.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Go to EuroDezigns.com

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
I used to have a red cover on my CK and while getting gas in Munising a guy came out of the store and starts cussing me because he passed me the day before and saw the red light and had to slow down. I just laughed at him and made him that much hotter. I thought it was pretty funny, he had to slow down, Doo2
red headlights... do you take the short bus too?

what a stupid thing to do...

besides being illegal its just plain dumb... no wonder folks get killed out there... I bet you took off the reverse beeper too??

ANY headlight cover on the trails is wrong even yellow. the headlights are ON for a reason... ride the sled on your property paint them black for all I care if you want to ride with the public you owe them the courtsey of being legal... at the very least-

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I have a sportech black one on my 800. within 15 minutes it melted my headlight. guess you learn teh hard way sometimes. I have run blue bulbs in my last couple machs and really like them at night.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Ok, there's plenty of space between my hood mask and light. Was it hard to cut? Did it want to shatter?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts