Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used the electric start to kick up the 05 600 X SDI one morning this weekend and the thing fouled plugs...and I think it was from the battery being cold and not providing enough juice. I changed the plugs and gave it a rip with the pull start (cause the battery was dry) first pull, it started right up...

Has this happened to anyone else? Would a low battery cause the lack of spark, in turn fouling the plug in a SDI?

...just wondering.

740 mi. I love it!!! - need some clutch adjustments to get a little more pep...any advise here for a stock clutch?

·
Registered
184 Posts
tryn2befree said:
I used the electric start to kick up the 05 600 X SDI one morning this weekend and the thing fouled plugs...and I think it was from the battery being cold and not providing enough juice. I changed the plugs and gave it a rip with the pull start (cause the battery was dry) first pull, it started right up...

Has this happened to anyone else? Would a low battery cause the lack of spark, in turn fouling the plug in a SDI?

...just wondering.

740 mi. I love it!!! - need some clutch adjustments to get a little more pep...any advise here for a stock clutch?
[snapback]281204[/snapback]​
My father has the 2004 600 sdi and one time when we started it on the trailer it fouled a plug it was around 29 degrees and nothin else has happened after that...was up north this weekend and sled sat outside at night in about 10 below and started up with eletric start first time.

PS: hes got 1,100 miles and no problems besides that one foulded on the trailer

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
-20F in Old Forge NY this past weekend and it was 2 pull starts when cold. No plug fouling and it is running rich. I need to adjust the oil pump.

·
Registered
541 Posts
tryn2befree said:

...just wondering.

[snapback]281204[/snapback]​
my battery was completely dead at the start of the season and we had to charge it. after a while it began to power enough to light the gauges but not power the fuel rails. tried starting it to soon. a while longer....pulled it over but still no go...alittle longer and pulled it over and she started up and run for a minute os=r so and began to stutter and misfire!!,...fouled a plug's....changed plugs and waited a little longer... zoom,zoom...good to go. SO i believe yes it's easier to foul a plug with not enough battery juice. my 2 cents..
ANSWER TO PLUG FOULING.. BR9EYA....awesome plugs with NO running changes...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts