Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everyones advice on a good setup.
06 summit 800X 151". Any advice would be appreciated.
I am heading out west next week and I have to whoop a few yappy M7 riders, likely can do that with stock setup but would like to really embarass them. Thanx.

·
Registered
611 Posts
First of all you need to dismantle and clean your primary clutch every 200 miles or so for the first 600 miles (mileage approximate) almost all TRA have arm sticking issues when new and this will affect your sleds performance. Then gear it down to 21/47 or 20/47 you will need one link larger chain for the 21/47 combo. The 20/47 combo will work with your stock chain however it barely works so be patient. I added 1.2 gram insert to my primary and have been getting steady 8000 RPM in clicker 2 or 3 depending on snow condition and elevation. Most of my riding is 3000-5000 feet. This setup seems to work pretty good, I may add some more pin wieght not sure yet, I was gonna try a 47 helix but i found out that they do not make one for a HPV roller.

·
Registered
334 Posts
crock said:
What is everyones advice on a good setup.
06 summit 800X 151". Any advice would be appreciated.
I am heading out west next week and I have to whoop a few yappy M7 riders, likely can do that with stock setup but would like to really embarass them. Thanx.
[snapback]687522[/snapback]​
See if DJ has his roller kit ready to ship. I am riding with a guy who has a beta copy and it rocks. By far the best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
realdeal said:
First of all you need to dismantle and clean your primary clutch every 200 miles or so for the first 600 miles (mileage approximate) almost all TRA have arm sticking issues when new and this will affect your sleds performance. Then gear it down to 21/47 or 20/47 you will need one link larger chain for the 21/47 combo. The 20/47 combo will work with your stock chain however it barely works so be patient. I added 1.2 gram insert to my primary and have been getting steady 8000 RPM in clicker 2 or 3 depending on snow condition and elevation. Most of my riding is 3000-5000 feet. This setup seems to work pretty good, I may add some more pin wieght not sure yet, I was gonna try a 47 helix but i found out that they do not make one for a HPV roller.
[snapback]689059[/snapback]​
Thanks real deal. I now have 1.7 gram inserts on the way and a 20 tooth gear is on its way. I will be heading to revelstoke next week to give it a try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.